My daughters friend gave her a 8310 ATT Curve
    She is using a Razor V3xx with media net unlimited and unlimited family messaging
    I put her SIM in to the Curve, it shows the media net icon and can indeed go to there
    she really doesn't need the push email or telenav
    it also is getting SMS msgs in
    Also, "edge" is in lower case on that one as my Curve which has BIS is "EDGE"
    Is there any way I can leave her to use it as such or will sooner or later, ATT will catch on and I land up with some outrageous bill??
    02-21-08 01:49 PM
    You should probably call AT&T and discuss your options with them. That's what I would do before I ended up with a phone bill the size of my mortgage payment!
    02-21-08 01:52 PM
    Yeah I would absolutely call and confirm before doing anything. A couple of years back I did use unlimited medianet on a smartphone and wasn't charged extra for it so you're probably okay. Just call and ask if you could do that if you bought a blackberry. Don't tell them you have one already. Make sure to come back and tell us what you find out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 01:57 PM
    Your daughter's set up is exactly what I am using. It works fine, despite what some people might tell you on some forums. I don't use push email, but all the other data stuff (Telenav, browsing, etc, OTA downloads...) seem to work fine. if you need help with any setting PM me and I will see if I can help. I am not an expert, but we may be able to compare settings.
    02-21-08 02:03 PM
    Yes all, I did call ATT CS and they said media net will not work without BIS/BES (but it does)
    I didn't expect to hear anything different actually from ATT themselves
    they want you to put on a BB plan (period)

what is it when:
    EDGE (my Curve with BIS) vs
    edge (her Curve with no BB plan?)
    02-21-08 02:08 PM
    Cool glad to hear that I can drop off the push email if I need to. Its just $10 more a month because of their recent medianet unlimited price drop, though. Used to be the same price didn't it? I think they just dropped it to $20 when I was paying $30 before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 02:17 PM
    i have the unlimited media net on my curve. i use opera and medianet browser and IM+, they all work just fine.
    02-22-08 09:13 AM
    EDGE- data service available
    edge- no data service available

i tried the same thing, and it worked fine for a few days, but then i realized my mediamax unlimited data and messaging was 44.95, and for 5.00 more i could have unlimited BB and unlimited messages.
    So basically it depends what plan you have, but the mediamax will work with the BB, you just wong get the true push email and such
    02-22-08 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD