I have a Curve 8330. I downloaded Media Sync on my PC and it seemed to install fine. When tyring to connect it gives me an error message "Blackberry Media Sync failed to Connect to your Blackberry Device. Click Continue to try again, or cancel to disconnect". I hit retry and it just keeps giving me the message.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    08-15-08 05:49 PM
    same here. I'm not able to get it to connect to my 8330.
    08-17-08 05:42 PM
    Im having the same problem. I have a 8310.
    08-17-08 08:18 PM
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    08-18-08 02:25 PM
    After several hours with verizon then Blackberry tech and 2 security wipes, Blackberry said it was faulty software. Verizon is replacing the phone. We'll see and I will advise, suppose to be here today!
    08-18-08 03:31 PM
    Has anyone figured this out!!!
    08-23-08 06:35 PM
    I myself is still getting this issue after erasing and reinstalling the software. anybody know what's going on.
    11-01-08 08:35 AM
    I had an World phone and used blackberry media sync with no problms. Just switched to 8330 and having the same problem. Has anyone figured out what is wrong.
    11-03-08 11:58 AM
    my pearl is able to connect with my media software just fine, but my curve will not. If someone figures out what's wrong, i would like to know too!

THanks
    Jenn
    11-03-08 05:05 PM
    I had that problem with my pearl it wouldnt working my pc with 2K Pro but it would work fine on my laptop with XP Pro.

Another thing both computers have USB 2 but for some reason it wont charge from my desktop it says not enough power coming from it. But on my laptop it works fine even when I hook it up to a mini usb hub.

Good luck with your first problem.
    11-03-08 05:23 PM
    Same problem with my new BOLD. Been on phone 2x with BB Support. Still attempting to resolve issue.
    11-10-08 11:52 AM
    Re: Blackberry Media Sync Problems [ Edited ] Options

Dealer
    BlackBerry Technical Advisor

Message 13 of 52

Viewed 2,464 times

We�re attempting to get to the bottom of the connection related issues with various devices. Using the errors that have been reported here, we�ve been running tests on these devices to see if we can consistently reproduce the problem � but thus far we can�t reproduce the issue and haven�t been able to track down the root cause.

We know of two possible workarounds to these issues:

Performing a security wipe: Be certain to backup all the data and 3rd party applications on your BlackBerry before you perform a wipe � as they will be lost and need to be restored afterwards.

As suggested in this forum, performing a security wipe on the BlackBerry has been shown to fix the connection problems. This can be done on the device in the �Options� menu, under �Security Options / General Settings�. Pressing the BlackBerry button will give you the option to wipe the handheld.

Checking for corrupted USB drivers: We�ve experienced cases where the Windows USB driver has been deleted or corrupted on the system. If this happens, than MediaSync is unable to connect to the device. If this is the case, the BlackBerry likely won�t appear in Windows Explorer as an available drive after you�ve plugged it in.

You can check for this by searching your file system for the file Usbstor.inf � if this file is missing, you�ll have to get it from an install cd or a working installation of Windows and copy it to the C:\WINDOWS\inf folder (followed by a re-boot).

If this file exists, but you still have the rest of the symptoms, you should backup the current Usbstor.inf and replace it with a copy from another computer or install cd and re-boot. If this has no effect or causes further problems, you can easily switch back to the copy of usbtor.inf you backed up.

To help us track down the root of the problem more easily, it would be very helpful if anyone reporting connection problems with MediaSync could provide us with the following information:

- BlackBerry Model

- BlackBerry OS Version (Options | About)

- Desktop Operating System

- Do you use Desktop Manager? Does it detect the Blackberry as expected?

- With Mass Storage enabled, does the drive appear as expected in Windows Explorer?

Message Edited by Beholder on 07-28-2008 02:05 PM Kudos! Thanks!

07-25-2008 04:15 PM
    11-10-08 11:57 AM
    i have a8350i and it kepstelling me "You devise is not reconized by blackberry media sync please check
    1. a media card is installed correctly in your bb device
    2. mass storage mode is turned on for your bb bevise"

Can someone help me with this prob
    11-30-09 09:37 AM
    I am getting a message when I try to sync my computer to my BB; It says Blackberry Media Sync needs to close...you will loose any work...do you want to send report to MS.
    Is there anything that will correct this. The BB is new, I have not been able to connect at all with Media Sync...
    Thank you,
    daroldarol
    12-24-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD