Maybe it's just me but I cant seem to upload media files (from Limewire) onto my Blackberry Curve. I finally got the USB cord to work with my BB, but I dont see any options to upload music at all. I went into my computer to see if the BB was active, but I cannot find it. Is it suspose to work like a regular MP3 or an IPOD? LIke with my MP3 I can just plug it in with my USB, go into my computer select it in one of the drives then just upload my music. Do I have to download another program from BB.com in order to start uploading my music?
    NOTE: I did not get the CDs that come with the phone, so maybe that is why it is not working?

I've searched on the FAQ and found nothing.
    01-14-08 06:51 PM
    r u usin roxio? im a newbie myself so dont judge me. But u have to use the OS to upload music to blackberry
    01-14-08 07:09 PM
    you don't have to use roxio to tranfer the music you can do it by going through my computer ect. but roxio is a good app. Your computer may need the drivers to see your blackberry you can download the desktop software from blackberry.com
    01-14-08 07:13 PM
    I just downloaded the 4.2 from bb.com, and a thing pops up when I plug my BB via USB cord, but nothing pops up in my computer so I cant access my BB via my computer. But a small program pops up telling me certain stats about my BB and such. Should I download another application from BB.com or?
    01-14-08 07:17 PM
    You have to have a microSD card to store music on your phone.
    01-14-08 07:23 PM
    Here, take a look at this thread. It should answer most of your questions.
    01-14-08 08:57 PM
    Install a MicroSD card then when you connect with a USB cable it will as you if you want Mass Storage Mode. Answer yes and it will work exactly as you expect.
    01-14-08 09:10 PM
    Wait, when I download the 4.3 Desktop thing, do I have to upload it to BB also? OR is it JUST for the desktop?
    01-14-08 09:13 PM
    That's just for your computer.
    01-14-08 09:22 PM
    Desktop Manager is just for the computer. The key here is what bomber664 said - as soon as you connect BB to PC, it prompts you to "enable mass storage" click yes, the it will be in "my computer"
    01-14-08 09:22 PM
    You may also need to go into Disk Management in Windows and change the drive letter for the BB to one not already in use. I had to do this on my PC as I have some extra USB drives connected, and the BB kept trying to use one of those drive letters. I changed it to the B: drive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-08 02:55 PM
    Where is DISK MANAGMENT?

The computer reads the USB on the bottom right (near clock) I can click on it, and it says enabled, but it is not in MY COMPUTER so I can access it and then transfer songs..Dunno what I am doing wrong, I am sorry for all the questions, I am just very new and I am trying to calmy learn how these applications work. There is just so much information that I dont understand on this website lol. Maybe I am doing something wrong here.
    01-15-08 04:50 PM
    Install a MicroSD card then when you connect with a USB cable it will as you if you want Mass Storage Mode. Answer yes and it will work exactly as you expect.
    Im sorry what is a MicroSD card? Something I can download or I have to physically buy?
    01-15-08 05:10 PM
    You have to buy it. It's a little card you buy to store files on, you can buy it at any best buy, circuit city, radio shack, fry's, over the internet, etc. You put it in the back of the phone, behind the battery. There's a tutorial on how to do this somewhere on the forums.
    01-15-08 05:37 PM
    For the 1000th time - you must install a MicroSD card in order for your BB to show in My Computer. Stop saying that you do not understand what is wrong until you buy one and install it.

If you do not know what a MicroSD card is or what size to buy, do a search on this site or google it.

OR you can mail your BB to me and I will install a 2GB MicroSD card for a measly $500.
    01-15-08 08:36 PM
    For the 1000th time - you must install a MicroSD card in order for your BB to show in My Computer. Stop saying that you do not understand what is wrong until you buy one and install it.

If you do not know what a MicroSD card is or what size to buy, do a search on this site or google it.

OR you can mail your BB to me and I will install a 2GB MicroSD card for a measly $500.
    Damn you responded 1000 times? Woah I didn't see all your replies........No need to go all tough guy man, I am sorry I am not as informed about the BB as you are lol, but no need to condesend. Hard to simply understand what the **** a MicroSD card is when I have NEVER heard of it haha....Now that the person above me answered my question, I understand. If my questions bother you, simply don't read my posts lol, then you dont have to get all serious lol. It's like you sit here and wait for someone to ask a question so you can flip out, calm down my son, calm down.

Thanks for the help guys, I will go and buy the card today.
    01-16-08 12:37 PM
    All in jest man. You the one getting all upset. Glad you are on the right path.

And no, I didn't say I responded 1000 times, but several people mentioned getting a card.
    01-16-08 06:16 PM
    And my apologies for flipping out. Just frustrating when I have no idea what to do ha. I never got the CD's that came with the BB, so I am not sure if I am missing out on anything or what. But I am will be purchasing the MicroSD card tomorrow, and hopefully all will be well with my BB.

Thanks
    01-17-08 12:30 AM
    Not trying to hijack a thread, sorry. I clicked on "Don't show again" when asked whether to use as a Mass Storage Device. Now, I realize I do want to use it as a mass storage device. How do get it to ask me again?

thanks
    01-17-08 04:20 AM
    Options>> Advanced options>> Media card>> Mass storage mode support>> On (also- media card card support>> on)
    01-17-08 05:30 AM
    Well, got the card installed it, and it does indeed read my BB on MY COMPUTER. Now do I just save my certain playlist to the MEDIA FOLDER, and thats it? Or do I have to SYNC the songs to my BB?

Reason why I ask is, I tried SYNCING and it says error, so im hopeing there is another way, or some other program I can use. I am using WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER to try and SYNC the songs over.
    01-17-08 01:02 PM
    Well nevermind, the playlist did make it into MY MEDIA, and I click it, it opens, but no songs are in it. Did I do something wrong?
    01-17-08 01:10 PM
    Yea, I am going to assume that saving my playlist (from Limewire) to the Blackberry Music folder won't cut it lol...What sha'll I do, or have to do in order to bring music over onto the BB now that I have the MicroSD card.
    01-17-08 02:20 PM
    Thanks, it worked.
    01-18-08 04:39 AM
    Yea, I am going to assume that saving my playlist (from Limewire) to the Blackberry Music folder won't cut it lol...What sha'll I do, or have to do in order to bring music over onto the BB now that I have the MicroSD card.
    You have to copy the actual songs files to the card (you have mp3s I assume). Copying the playlist file will do nothing. Album art, artists, song title, etc. must be embedded in the mp3 tag in order to show on the BB. There are a million tag editors to do this.

I use Windows Media Player 11 to sync, but a straight copy will work as well.
    01-18-08 05:47 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD