I am using a 8300 with a 2g micro-sd card. I would like to load a few hundred songs on the memory card, and use a media player to play them. What program would operate most similarly to Itunes (which I am used to)? I have tried a version of Xplayer, but it was pretty simple and not was I was looking for. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    08-02-08 05:30 AM
    3 options are -

Flipside

MiuTunes

BerryTunes

I've used the first two and liked them both - never tried BerryTunes.
    08-02-08 06:39 AM
    Are there any good ones that are free to download?
    08-02-08 07:57 AM
    There are no good ones, period- at least not compared to any real mp3 player on the market. Even the Palm devices have much better mp3 software, and have for years.
    08-02-08 09:09 AM
    I'm using MiuTunes and now just realized that it's only marginally better. Good effort but no EQ or other typical features made it a waste of money and space more than the built in media player.

At least it has an easy quite/close out. Otherwise it's nice to look at with a few good features but a major work in progress still, e.g. no left-right balance, no EQ, some limited sort/search... good effort but not much more than built in.
    08-02-08 11:55 AM
    There are no good ones, period- at least not compared to any real mp3 player on the market. Even the Palm devices have much better mp3 software, and have for years.
    Many have been happy with the ones listed by Chaz. Its just your personal preference.
    08-02-08 11:57 AM
    3 options are -

Flipside

MiuTunes

BerryTunes

I've used the first two and liked them both - never tried BerryTunes.
    Tried a demo version of Flipside. I don't see any significant improvement over the default media manager on my Curve. I would like to have a media player that allows you to go to an exact time on an mp3-- I often listen to lectures on my BB, and if I go between mp3 files I can't go back to the exact spot I left off.... so I often have to listen to the same part of the lecture again.
    08-02-08 02:53 PM
    Tried a demo version of Flipside. I don't see any significant improvement over the default media manager on my Curve. I would like to have a media player that allows you to go to an exact time on an mp3-- I often listen to lectures on my BB, and if I go between mp3 files I can't go back to the exact spot I left off.... so I often have to listen to the same part of the lecture again.
    I tried all, got a coupon, went with miutunesm love the prog, much nicer then flipside

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 03:04 PM
    Miutunes is great. You can go to exact times on it a lot more accurately than the default media player. It supports album artwork and the interface is slick. I usually use flat eq on ipods and stuff anyway and the sound on the curve is surprisingly good. I actually have owned 3 ipods and I like miutunes as much as the ipod interface. Plus I actually bring my curve with me everywhere unlike my ipods.

08-02-08 03:36 PM
    Miutunes is great. You can go to exact times on it a lot more accurately than the default media player. It supports album artwork and the interface is slick. I usually use flat eq on ipods and stuff anyway and the sound on the curve is surprisingly good. I actually have owned 3 ipods and I like miutunes as much as the ipod interface. Plus I actually bring my curve with me everywhere unlike my ipods.

Just trying a demo version of Miutunes. The interface looks really nice. It says that you can fast forward using alt-Right.... I may not be the most experienced BB user, but which keystroke represents 'right' on the keyboard?
    08-02-08 03:42 PM
    Roll the trackball to the right.
    08-02-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD