I'm new to Crackberry and just bought my Curve 8330 with Telus. I downloaded the CD that came with the BB but am unable to open the software it just goes from 'connected' to working and then back to connected but doesn't open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and tried the repair but still the same thing happens. My computer is running Vista. Can anybody help me or suggest where I might find help. Thanks
    Last edited by smonta; 05-26-08 at 11:59 AM.
    05-26-08 11:39 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I am a little confused. Did you receive a CD with your device? If not, what exactly did you download?

Thing can be a little confusing, but the BlackBerry Desktop Manager has to be installed for you to manage your device.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.3 is the current version.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-26-08 at 12:26 PM.
    05-26-08 12:23 PM
    When you are installing DM are you logged in as the Administrator? If not, uninstall it again and try it as the Admin. Also if you enable the Mass Storage when you connect your BB to your pc, you can use Windows Explorer to transfer files. Media Manager/Roxio does not work that good.
    05-26-08 12:23 PM
    Media Manager sucks donkey balls. God what a horrible waste of install time and computer resources. It's slow and kludgy and just overall god-awful. Use windows explorer instead.
    05-26-08 01:45 PM
    Windows can not do everything your 'Berry need to keep it running smoothly. Desktop Manager with Backup, Sync and Applications Loader are critical tools.

Roxio Media Manager is has it's issues, but it is simple enough to un-select it with Custom install.
    05-26-08 02:41 PM
    Can you use windows explorer if you do not have a memory card for your blackberry?
    05-26-08 04:16 PM
    Can you use windows explorer if you do not have a memory card for your blackberry?
    No, when you access the "Removable Drive" you're looking at the memory card in the Curve itself. You can try it I guess. I'm not taking the memory card out to test it since it was a ^%&* to get it back in...lol
    05-26-08 04:39 PM
    Firstly thank you everyone who replied. The CD that I installed was the CD that came with the Blackberry. Yes, I am logged on as the administrator, I didn't enable the Mass Storage when I did the download. The other 4 links open just fine but when I click on the Media Manager to open it it doesn't open. I was hoping the manage my music files, and work on the BB calendar, I am assuming that is where to find things like that. Anyway it just won't open. Should I uninstall and try again for a third time.? Being new to the BB world and not TOO technical I like to have everything working.
    05-26-08 06:02 PM
    I am having the same challenges, smonta. If anyone comes up with a solution could you post please! I can't do anything with my BB/ PC connection because of this. Thanks!
    06-02-08 07:49 AM
    I'm also awaiting a reply.
    Last edited by p-stone; 06-02-08 at 10:48 AM.
    06-02-08 09:20 AM
    Thank God it isn't just me, then. Roxio seems highly unstable on my XP machine, based on the number of crashes I'm getting, and it is a resource hog to boot. I'll stick to using windows file manager then. I plan to uninstall this piece of bloatware now - I'll feel much better!

If anyone has a suggestion for making ringtones that doesn't involve Roxio, I'm all ears though. That's part of what I wanted to use it for, actually.
    06-07-08 02:18 AM
    Roxio wouldn't run on my home PC, so being the bright boy I am, I took it to work and loaded it. It promptly crashed the work computer. The IT guy loves me now.

Not sure what alternative we have to Roxio...as a brand new Crackberry convert I'm a little disappointed in the glorious media capabilities of my Curve. They're not all that fantastic if I can't get anything into it.
    06-07-08 02:46 PM
    Same thing is happeneing to me now, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    It's awful and i really want these songs on before i go away for a while.
    09-14-08 08:30 PM
    the most ridiculous part about this... is the fact that in mass storage mode... you don't have the ability to browse the devices memory .. only your media card... so i can't even just grab the pictures and what not from the media memory and move it to the media card to free up space for applications and such..

aside from that... my media manager was working perfectly fine for over a week .. then just suddenly stopped loading.. loading applet pops up and becomes non responsive right away..
    09-29-08 09:30 AM
    I'm having the same problem as everyone what is windows explorer and how does it work? It can transfer music and pics too? Its weird though, cause my girlfriend bought the same blackberry and hers works with media manager, but mine doesn't show up. I doubt the color has anything to do with it but mine is red and hers is the silver one. Maybe they are conflicting with eachother somehow?
    11-16-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD