I can't browse from the PC to the SD card, the SD card does not show. It's a 2 gb sd card I'm on 4.5.

I did a battery pull. Re seated the SD card. I tried browsing through My computer but no luck.

Media Card Support is On
    Mass storage is On
    Auto enable Mass storage is On
    When Connected Yes

! The media card is not available because the Mass Storage Mode is in use.

I also cannot browse the system directory.
    Last edited by Jlacy; 11-12-08 at 06:05 AM.
    11-12-08 06:01 AM
    I also have the 8330.

The difference is in my settings, I have the media card set to prompt. Try changing this setting and see if you can access it.

The prompt should come up when you plug in your BB to your PC. Something about turning on mass storage mode, when I want to access the media card directly I tell the prompt yes, and I can access the media card as if it was a USB drive.
    11-12-08 07:04 AM
    Also, I wasn't able to "see" mine either until Desktop Manager was loaded. It doesn't have to be running but it does load the correct USB drivers for your phone.
    11-12-08 07:07 AM
    Does the media card work otherwise?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 07:22 AM
    Yes, I have seen the media card before I updated to OS 4.5.

I removed DM 4.6 went to 4.2 SP2. Still no luck. I also did NOT install Roxio this time. It doesn't seem to matter if I Prompt or not.

I can't seem to find the English version of the usb/modem drivers. Is that a separate download and is so please show me where.
    11-12-08 07:47 AM
    You can go directly to the blackberry website and download the USB drivers.

Here's the link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

There's a drop down menu, select USB and modem drivers. Follow the prompts and install.

I hope this helps.
    11-12-08 08:00 AM
    Next I'm trying 4.6 without the media manager.
    11-12-08 08:02 AM
    I've been there but all those seem to be in Spanish, French or Italian. I guess I'm missing something.
    11-12-08 08:06 AM
    4.6 without media manager was no help either. This is just stupid.
    11-12-08 08:15 AM
    OK, I found them, they were in the Desktop manger section NOT the USB section.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C016D04&step=4
    11-12-08 08:23 AM
    The link I gave you for the USB drivers had a drop down menu, and would have shown you this screen:

And yes, clicking on the desktop option would lead you to the english version.
    Last edited by sprint8330; 11-12-08 at 08:39 AM.
    11-12-08 08:35 AM
    Installed the english drivers, still no luck. I'm not sure what else to try now.
    11-12-08 08:45 AM
    OK, this is odd.

If I use Rove file manager without my phone connected to the PC I see " media card". If I connect it to the computer I can't see the media card in the Rove file manager.
    11-12-08 08:54 AM
    Did you format the card on the berry before you used it? What kind is it brand wise? Oh and have you tried putting the microsd card into the adapter jacket and loading it up directly to the computer?

11-12-08 09:00 AM
    Well, I "think" I'm seeing the card. When I plug in the usb, it shows folders. These folders are not under /user. I think what I'm seeing is the sd card. The system folder is not accessible. What I think is happening is it's defaulting to the SD card. I thought I would see an option of Media card from the Desktop but maybe that's not possible. Not that I need that. I "think" I have it fixed or maybe it was never broken in the first place. I can make a directory and drag files in there, so I think I'm good to go.
    11-12-08 09:11 AM
    Ok, here's why this is important. I have mp3's on my sd card. I load xplayer. I start an mp3. If I want to charge my BB using USB, it won't access the SD.

So in other words, on the USB NO SD card access. Is this correct?
    11-12-08 09:21 AM
    Yeap. That's correct.

11-12-08 09:58 AM
    OK, as long as I know the limitations, but what about on the car /home AC charger? I don't have access to either right now.
    11-12-08 10:02 AM
    Well from my experience. If I have my usb into the computer. I can still charge it and play music on my phone. As long as I say no to the prompt when I connect it. As far as charging in the car. It won't prompt you so you can still listen to mp3's.

Please correct me if I misunderstood your question.

11-12-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD