The day after I bought my BB 8310 it said device memory full when I was trying to save a photo. So I called and ordered a medica card (8MB) and have put it in, but nothings has changed, and nothing indicates the card is even there, and it doesn not give me the option to save anything to it... what am I doing wrong?
    03-23-10 04:50 PM
    You need to format the card.

Options > Memory > Menu > Format

Also be sure that Media Card Support is turned on.

Then in your camera settings change the storage directory to the Media Card.
    03-23-10 04:58 PM
    I don't see "memory" in my choices under "options". it says media card, mms and - if I go under 'media card' it does show that my card support is 'on'.. but then says at bottom of screen that there is no media card installed on the device... now what?
    03-23-10 07:45 PM
    its been a long time for me with the 8310, but on that page where it says no media card-hit the function button, I think this will give you a drop down box with an option to format-I think
    03-23-10 07:49 PM
    And if you aren't getting the "Format Card" option on the Menu, then try reseating the card and making sure that it is inserted correctly in the device.

If it's still not showing up, try formatting it with a computer. And then try formatting again on the BlacKBerry.

If it still doesn't work after that, then try a different card.
    03-23-10 07:57 PM
    On my 8330/4.5.0.77 it's Options > Media Card > MenuKey > Format Card. Perhaps a different OS has the menu MM refers to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 08:27 PM
    Yeah, sorry. It's been a while since I looked at the 4.5 menus.
    03-23-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD