It may be simple but I need to know how to go about changing my media card. I have a 1gb card installed and want to install a 4gb card and transfer all of my data. What to do?
    05-19-09 07:15 PM
    05-19-09 07:17 PM
    I'm a real NEWBIE, I need step by step directions please
    05-19-09 07:36 PM
    Do you have bb desktop installed on a pc... I use missing sync but I think when you hook up the bb to the pc you will see your card appear. You will need to set up as mass storage so your pc can read it. Once you can see the info on your pc copy save and rename. Replace your card with your new one and copy info on to it.

You said newbe so do you know where the card is and how to switch them?
    05-19-09 08:04 PM
    Being a newbie you should read the http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/ you can learn a lot and there is a lecture on installing the media card.

Once you get your card installed follow these steps:

On your BB go to Options/Media Card and set to these settings.

Media Card Support - On
    Encryption Mode - None
    Mass Storage Mode Support - On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected - Yes

Then press menu and select Format Card, this will name the card BlackBerry and create your media folders.

If you have mass storage mode turned on and you plug your BB into your PC, the PC will see it as a mass storage device and you can drag n drop media files from the PC straight to the specified folders on the media card or from the card to the PC without the use of Desktop Manager (DM).

When you connect your BB to your PC, click Start/My Computer or Computer and you should see the BlackBerry then double click on it and you'll see the folders and start dragin n dropin

Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD