i bought a media card for my curve. i put it in and then it said to please format your media card. so i went on this website and found out how to do it. well everytime i go to media card and then push the function key and highlight and click format card my phone just freezes for a little bit and then restarts. then when its back on i see the same little box telling me to format my card. what do i do?
    01-09-09 06:08 PM
    Make sure the card is sitting properly in the slot.
    01-09-09 06:10 PM
    hey, its still doing the same thing. what else could it be?
    01-09-09 06:22 PM
    Do you have another to try?
    01-09-09 06:26 PM
    If you can, try removing it from your BB and formatting it on a PC.
    01-09-09 06:31 PM
    Formatting the card on a PC will demonstrate that the card works but you must format the card in the phnone once you have established that it does work. Why? FOrmating in the phone establishes the required folder struture that the Operating System (OS) needs.
    01-09-09 06:35 PM
    i don't think the card works. i put it in my computer and it wouldn't format it either.nor read it or say it had any space on it. so i'm going to contact the company about there media card. thanks guys for your help
    01-09-09 06:44 PM
    Your last option might be to try a "usb" format app. I have one on my Compaq laptop, and use it to format things like my Ipod when it wont format by itself. ....Its called "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool". It works great, so long as you can see the card or drive on your PC
    01-09-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD