Hi,

I wish to copy some of my data on my laptop to BB 8300 Media Card (1 GB). Media card is working fine in the set. However, when I connect with the Desktop Manager and open Media Manager it does not show the Media Card. Only selected device which it shows is DEVICE MEMORY. I tried to copy a media file (.mp4) of 2MB on this but it gave me capacity error.

Please help in this regard.

Thank you,

Adeel
    11-02-07 10:53 AM
    do you have your device set to allow for mass media mode support?

options >> media card >> mass storage mode support >> on/off
    11-02-07 11:58 AM

+1

This is what I was going to say....
    11-02-07 12:16 PM
    Yes, all is set.
    11-05-07 12:34 AM
    Hello World,

Can any body help me to view my Media Card in Desktop Manager or as Removable Device in My Computer?

FYI. All desired options are set to YES. I have also formatted the Media Card but nothing good happened. However, its working fine in phone set e.g. storing captured photographs or downloaded items.

Please help.

Thank you
    11-06-07 05:14 AM
    Close Desktop Manager, connect your BlackBerry to your PC, and on the device do yes, for "enable mass storage". If running Windows XP, a window on your pc should open, thus allowing you to see said memory card...

If not, double click on My Computer, and browse to removable media...
    11-06-07 07:20 AM

I have those options set on my 8820. Here is the weird thing. On one machine I have the Desktop Manager SW that came with the phone (CD install). That one sees my media card fine even though I have it set to allow for mass media support. On my other machine I downloaded the latest Desktop Manager SW and THAT one doesn't see my media card regardless of the settings on the phone. I can see my card through windows, but I can't see it through DM which means I can't convert certains files to make them work on the phone. I wonder what was changed on the newer DM software?
    11-16-07 09:48 AM
    I had the same issue, On my work PC, I had a network drive (E), I disconnected this freeing up the (E), and the blackberry mass storage device popped up in device manager.
    12-10-07 10:53 AM
    The working-on-one-but-not-another computer seems to be a common problem. Try Adminstrative Tools--Computer Management. If the BB appears as a drive, change the drive letter to another one. My BB came up as drive E, but I had that letter in use for another purpose. So my BB didn't show up in My Computer. Changed the drive letter to O, and there it was. I hope this works.
    01-03-08 03:14 PM
    I know this is kind of an old post, but thought I would add my 2 cents and post my resolution that worked for me.

Turns out I had a bum cable...I think. I had a regular USB cable laying around and when I hooked it up to my laptop I got a message on my BB saying that it was not powerful enough to charge.... So I set it aside and found another one that has two ends on one side and only one connection that goes to the phone. Well the wierd cable (power) would power up the phone but would not allow me to see the files in explorer. Well going through these posts, I figured I would try my other cable again and sure enough it worked. It does not charge it but it does allow me to transfer files...

THX
    02-19-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD