Newbie here...

I'm sorry if this has been dealt with before... I'm sure it has but I can't find the threads.

I had loaded some mp3s onto the media card (4GB). It only recognized and would play about half. I deleted everything and loaded new mp3s onto it. Phone does not list any of the new albums, and still lists the old ones (eventhough I've deleted) but will not play anything.

I have confirmed on my PC that the card does have the mp3s copied onto it.

I have loaded photos with no problem.

Any ideas?
    11-17-08 11:56 AM
    Try formatting the card when it's in the phone. Also, try doing a battery pull after loading the mp3s into the card.
    11-17-08 12:02 PM
    Great. I'll try that.

Oh yeah, by the way... how do I format the card? This is my first PDA so I'm TOTALLY lost so far.

Thanks for the help.
    11-17-08 12:06 PM
    If you go to Options / Media Card, then press the Menu button and go to Format Card. It will erase everything you have on the card so make sure you back everything up first.
    11-17-08 12:10 PM
    That sounds easy enough. Is there a way to transfer some things to the internal memory before I format?
    11-17-08 12:15 PM
    Remember that when you want to see where your media files are stored, open your media folder, press the menu button, select explore. You'll be able to browse around to make sure your files are where they are supposed to be.

How are you loading your music? are you dragging and dropping via my computer?
    11-17-08 12:15 PM
    The first time I used the media manager. This last time, I dragged and dropped. Should I be doing something different?

So I take it, the only way to transfer from SD card to internal is via my PC?
    11-17-08 12:17 PM
    The first time I used the media manager. This last time, I dragged and dropped. Should I be doing something different?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Internal." Is "internal" your phone or the computer?

You can transfer the music either through media manager or dragging and dropping. There shouldn't really be a difference except media manager seems to take a little big longer.
    11-17-08 12:19 PM
    That sounds easy enough. Is there a way to transfer some things to the internal memory before I format?
    You can do that in explore as well, highlight the file you want to move, press menu key and select move. Then navagate up to the device memory and press menu and select save here. Be very careful, it only takes about 15 pictures to use up most of your file free memory. I recommend dragging them to a folder on your pc. Again in My computer, identify your bb's drive letter, open it and drag the files off onto your pc until after you've formatted it.
    11-17-08 12:19 PM

Drag and drop is best. Roxio is a PIA
    11-17-08 12:20 PM
    Yeah, I agree with exelant. The device memory isn't a lot, so it's best to back up your files into the computer. You can connect the phone to the computer and open it up like a folder. You can drag everything into your computer.
    11-17-08 12:21 PM
    Yeah, I decided that Roxio was a hassle as well.

Thanks for the help guys. This seems like an easy issue to fix.

When I screw it up... I'll get back to you!

Thanks again.
    11-17-08 12:23 PM
    Yeah, I decided that Roxio was a hassle as well.

Thanks for the help guys. This seems like an easy issue to fix.

When I screw it up... I'll get back to you!

Thanks again.
    Haha I don't think you'll screw it up. Back up the files into your computer. Make sure before you disconnect the USB cable, in your taskbar, there should be an icon to disconnect the phone. Do that first and then you can pull the cable out. Format the card and put everything in it again (the files in the right folders of the card). If they don't show up in the playlist, then do the battery pull. Hopefully, that'll work.
    11-17-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD