Media card full but it isn't
11-17-12 12:51 PM
- I can't save photos. I have a 2GB media card. When I check it under the settings, it says that I have 0kb free. I only have about a dozen photos and 50 songs. It doesn't seem possible that it is full.
I've tried pulling the battery and (while it does temporarily - only temporarily - clear my new email icon) it didn't help.
Any suggestions?07-16-08 07:30 AM
- So, are you having issues with the microSD or a new message icon?
You kinda randomly switched topics half way through your post! haha
For the microSD, check the status of the media card by going to Options > Media Card...
Or plug the microSD into a card reader on your PC and see if it is full. Depending on image sizes and song quality, you may be using more memory than you think! I do not imagine it would take up the whole 2Gb though!
Backup your media, reformat the card and then put the media back on the card.07-16-08 07:58 AM
- Agreed with above posters. Reformat your card from your berry and make sure it can read all 2GB (1.8GB or whatever it is after formatting) before you add media back onto the card.
If you can't read the full capacity of the card on your berry, try reading it in your computer. If that still doesn't work, you probably have a faulty card. Take it back to where you got it from and tell them to give you a new one!
~Marine3907-16-08 10:21 AM
- I have what I imagine is a similar problem. When I check the media card under options it says I have 1.5GB free space on my 2GB card (formats to 1.8GB as one would expect since about 20% of any formatting is protected space). Anyway, I have some pictures, ebooks, apps and music stored to take it down to 1.5GB free, yet if I try to load any more music it tells me the media is full. Any suggestions short of reformatting the card that might free up my free space?04-13-11 02:41 PM
- so I have a similar problem. I did a security wipe on my fone and I did not click on the option for wiping media card. soooo after the wipee! I now see I have 1500 picstures when I originally had 3000. and also lately my phone has been saying my card is full so everytime I take a pic it saysn 40 pictures or so remaining. Now besides the pictures disappearing wen I take a pic with the camera it STILL says 40 pics or so remaining. Now SOMEONE may suggest maybe those pictures that got deleted were saved on the DEVICE..so I assumed maybe that IS the case.HOWEVER when I check memory use for my media card it says documents - 350 kb music - 500 kb pictures - 1.7gb and "other" - 1.7gb. I DONT understand what this "other" thing is and could it be possibly the pictures that just disappeared??? but like now I cant see it..ive checked everything on my laptop and phone and the stuff I can see is just about 2gb so where is the rest of the memory disappearing to? :S im quite annoyed I hope my phone didn't get hacked or something
I need help plsss11-17-12 12:51 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 83xx
Media card full but it isn't
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD