I've had this 8gb media card for 3 years and had it in this curve for about a year. I went to take a picture and a messaged popped up that said "A Media Card has been inserted that is not been formatted. Please format the card."
    When i go to format it, it says everything on it will be deleted.

Anyway to format it without deleting everything? Or is there a way to access it without formatting it?

Thanks
    06-05-11 06:34 PM
    If your PC's card reader reads it, copy its contents and save them on your PC. Then format the card and put the copied files back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 07:01 PM
    when I plug in my phone it just says error and wont open anything past desktop manager
    06-05-11 08:38 PM
    when I plug in my phone it just says error and wont open anything past desktop manager
    What I meant is to remove the microSD card from your BlackBerry and insert it into the card reader on your PC. Then try copying the contents of the card on your PC prior to formatting.
    06-05-11 10:23 PM
    What I meant is to remove the microSD card from your BlackBerry and insert it into the card reader on your PC. Then try copying the contents of the card on your PC prior to formatting.
    yeah i have a laptop and don't have a card reader.
    06-06-11 02:40 PM
    yeah i have a laptop and don't have a card reader.
    Many companies (meritline, buy.com, Best Buy, etc.) sell a USB card reader about the size of a thumb or flash drive. These readers usually accept several types of cards like SD, MiniSD, MicroSD, etc.
    06-06-11 07:23 PM
    is there any way to fix this without a card reader? and why did this randomly happen to my card?
    06-08-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD