I noticed after i downloaded software on the phone to update it i have problems with the music. i get this error that says media card busy or error. Cant remember. and i cant play music or listen to any tones I have. what causes this? If i bring it to Verizon can they check for errors on the phone or re-download the media card? Its a Verizon BB Curve 8330.
    01-14-10 08:35 PM
    when you change os or update sometimes you have to reformat the card. Save your info to a pc and reformat card and reload the card and you should be good to go... 5.0 had a problem with media but there is a fix if you have downloaded the hybrid..
    01-14-10 11:11 PM
    Ok cool. I can't remember what version it is that was downloaded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 01:25 PM
    If its a curve it will most likely have a 4.5 variant. Load you files to the computer and then let the blackberry reformat the card.

01-15-10 01:27 PM
    So save everything then after use the back up to put everything on again after?

01-15-10 01:30 PM
    No, just put the card in your computer, and copy the files off of your card to your computer. Once your media card content is safe on your computer, put the card back in your blackberry, and let you BB format it. Then put it back in your computer and drag your files back.

01-15-10 01:33 PM
    Yea the blackberry desktop manager. That's where I have some back ups. Gotta get back to work. Will try it tonight.

01-15-10 01:35 PM
    New problem. I did that and now my browser is missing. What did i do?
    01-15-10 08:04 PM
    Ok the phone is OK. but I'm still getting that media error message. Should i bring it in to Verizon and see if they can fix it?
    01-16-10 05:41 PM
    reformat SD card from your BB, if still error, clean the connectors, if also got problem, might be SD hardware error ....
    01-16-10 11:02 PM
    If it is a hardware error how can that be fixed??

01-16-10 11:05 PM
    What OS version do you have? later versions have a media player that can mostly be resolved or improved by installing the media player files from an older OS. I made a thread but don't have the link on me --- search the forums or click on my profile and find the thread started by me.
    01-17-10 11:41 AM
    Yes, I believe the poster above me is absolutely right. Stop the formatting and acrobatics with your card...its more than likely your OS. If you have 4.5.0.175 on Verizon it's probably the media player error..a known error with .175.

You should download an earlier OS or use the .175 OS and swap out media player files from an older OS. This sounds like a typical .175 problem.
    01-17-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD