Hello all,

I have a Blackberry Curve and my wife has a Pearl. We bought 2 2Gig Micro SD cards for the phones to transfer songs from PC to phones and store photos and such on the cards.

1. I put the card in the Pearl and go to Options>Media Card and it says "a media card is not presently inserted in the device". How do I get her phone to recognize the card?

2. I put the same card in the Curve and the phone recognizes it so we know it is not the card. I also formatted it and placed it back in her phone and no such luck. Even though the Curve recognized the card it didn't let me see the songs. Is the iTunes the problem?

3. If I put my iTunes on the card and then go to media, how do I browse the music files?

Thanks,

ers876
    10-30-08 05:59 PM
    Are you loading through Roxio or just dragging to mass media?
    10-30-08 06:00 PM
    May be a bad driver in pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 06:06 PM
    I originally was just dragging from iTunes and dropping on I drive. I then connected phone to Desktop Manager and transferred via ROXIO and most of the songs carried over and played.

As for the Pearl, we put the 2nd media card in and so far got the same message. I hooked it up to the PC and in "My Devices", it sees it but asks us to turn on Mass Storage. It is already on the phone.
    10-30-08 06:45 PM
    I agree, two card thats do work and work in another phone, leads me to say it is a bad SD drive in the Pearl. If the deviceis still under warr, get it replaced.
    10-30-08 06:48 PM
    Sounds like an issue with the Pearl. Have you used the media player on the Pearl before or is this the first attempt?
    10-30-08 06:49 PM
    Ok, solved for the Pearl. I inserted memory card and then did battery pull. When it came back on it recognized card and formatted it. I am set with that.

Now, why when I drag some iTune songs to Roxio, it doesn't show up on phone? Different file type?
    10-30-08 06:52 PM
    Which DM are you using? 4.6 can load from iTunes, but older ones can not. Find the physical mp3 file and drag that. I always do it that way and have never had an issue.
    10-30-08 06:55 PM
    The reason for this maybe that if iTunes older has DRM and newer music does not. Just a thought.
    10-30-08 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD