I put this 128 mb card in my bb that I got from another phone (not a bb phone) and I got an error message saying that the card has errors and so forth. Why is this? The card was working just fine in the phone that I got it from, also the card has pictures in it that were taken from the other phone. Do I need to format this card to make it work with the bb? And if so how do I do that?

Thanks
    07-15-08 06:39 AM
    I got this error a couple of times even if I did not remove the card from my BlackBerry... I plugged my BB in my computer and ran a "CHKDSK /F", everything was fine and never got that error again after that.
    07-15-08 06:42 AM
    I got this error a couple of times even if I did not remove the card from my BlackBerry... I plugged my BB in my computer and ran a "CHKDSK /F", everything was fine and never got that error again after that.
    Can someone please explain how to do this or how to format the card on the bb? Thanks!
    07-15-08 06:51 AM
    Just insert the card into the computer directly if you have an adaptor and copy all the files onto your computer desktop. Then format the card on your computer, put the card into your BB, connect your BB to the computer and the error should be gone. Then move all the files back onto your memory card while the card's in your BB
    07-15-08 10:43 AM
    I had a similar problem and I couldn't figure it out.

I took the media card out, blow on the back of the BB, and re-inserted the media. My BB was ablet format it again.

Options> mediacard>click menu then select format. Remember that formatting erases everything already in it so get a usb micro SD reader so that you can access the info inside prior to formatting.
    07-15-08 10:47 AM
    Odd problem. I suggest getting a larger card. The prices have come way down. But you still can't beat free.
    Good luck
    Happy Crackberring

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 10:55 AM
    I got my 8gb card for $30 on eBay with a $10 off coupon
    07-15-08 10:56 AM
    Ok, I had the same problem as the person who initially posted this thread and the above answer was an effective (and easy) fix.

To clear it up a little though...

Go to your start menu and click "Run"

Next, when the text box pops up type "cmd"

When the DOS window pops up type in the letter of the drive your media card is. Mine is E. So I'd type "e:"
    Next type "chkdsk /f"

I got this message: Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N)
    I typed "Y"

It ran through a bunch of script (took like 20 seconds) and then I disconnected it.

Voila!

Hope this helps.

God bless this site!!!
    Last edited by la2atl; 08-26-08 at 11:45 AM.
    08-26-08 02:06 AM
    Ok, I had the same problem as the person who initially posted this thread and the above answer was an effective (and easy) fix.

To clear it up a little though...

Go to your start menu and click "run" and then type CMD
    When the DOS window pops up type in the letter of the drive your media card is. Mine is E. So I'd type "e:"

Next type "chkdsk /f"

I got this message: Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N)
    I typed "Y"

It ran through a bunch of script (took like 20 seconds) and then I disconnected it.

Voila!

Hope this helps.

God bless this site!!!
    Just a small edit to help it all work.
    08-26-08 06:01 AM
    Every time I reboot my device I get this message " A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now. I choose yes and then another message pops up that reads ''If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I choose yes again. I get "Repairing card... please wait" and then "Media card repair failed". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Connecting my media card to the laptop (using a USB card reader) did not help either; I couldn't view any files as they were all random unknown files that were 'fragmented'. Any other way I can get my pictures/videos back?
    03-14-12 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD