My media card is not being read by my phone.

I tried a battery pull and that didn't work at all. A pop up keeps coming up saying "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer".

Can I even do that with my Macbook? I'm thinking there is nothing I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    04-22-09 01:45 PM
    With your BB on, try taking your battery out (battery pull), then take your media card out and reinsert it, replace battery.
    04-22-09 01:50 PM
    Already did that, it didn't work!
    04-22-09 02:11 PM
    Not much you can do unless you have an SD card adapter for your micro SD card and a card reader on your computer. Do you have any friends or relatives with a card reader on their computer?
    04-22-09 02:16 PM
    i don't think so...I guess all i can do it reformat the media card...which is really sad...i have tons of memories on it and never got to save them to my computer.
    04-22-09 02:20 PM
    You can get an SD card reader for like $20 to connect to your computer... then save everything onto it
    04-22-09 02:23 PM
    What exactly is the SD reader and can i connect it to my macbook?
    04-22-09 02:25 PM
    Or better yet, look for a USB 2.0 adapter that will take the micro SD card in one end and plug into your USB port on your Mac book.

Here is one:

2.0 Mini USB TF CARD READER ADAPTER 4 Micro SD TF CARD - eBay (item 140315536271 end time Apr-22-09 20:35:09 PDT)
    04-22-09 02:28 PM
    You can also use these, but you have to have the adapter that converts your micro SD card into a standard SD card. The adapter usually comes with the micro SD card, I hope you kept yours.

For MiniSD MicroSD SD MMC USB 2.0 Card Reader Adapter - eBay (item 390046259685 end time Apr-23-09 09:33:49 PDT)
    04-22-09 02:33 PM
    the second one would be my choice, and its a good thing to have if you ever want to get a bigger sd card.. makes moving files sooooooo much easier. just plug your phone in with the new card after you format it, and plug that adapter into the computer with your old card, and just drag and drop from old card to new
    04-22-09 02:40 PM
    04-22-09 02:43 PM
    well im at work right now and cannot get on ebay...ill check it out when i get home! thank you guys i might be back later with more questions!!
    04-22-09 02:45 PM
    how do you formate a media card? And how do you know if your phone is putting things on there? Got alot more questions if someone wants to help.......PLEASE
    04-22-09 11:19 PM
    There's an option in the "Options" - > "Media Card" menu to format your media card
    04-22-09 11:23 PM
    I started having these issues after taking the crackberry on too many on slope snowboarding trips. My blackberry seemed to continuously corrupt data.

It's working now - the only explanation I have is the condensation finally worked it's way out
    04-24-09 11:47 AM
    I started having these issues after taking the crackberry on too many on slope snowboarding trips. My blackberry seemed to continuously corrupt data.

It's working now - the only explanation I have is the condensation finally worked it's way out
    A few hours in a sealed bag of uncooked rice will probably be a good thing to do after you get in from the cold dry air to remove any condensation in your BB.
    04-24-09 01:51 PM
    There's an option in the "Options" - > "Media Card" menu to format your media card
    OK, so the media card is in & the Curve recognizes it but keeps telling me it needs to be formatted. But once I get to the "format" portion and select, it freezes up - repeatedly!

HELP! I've been at this for hours...
    04-24-09 08:10 PM
    jen, try removing the card and reseating/reinstalling it.

If this doesn't work, do you have a card reader on your computer, or a usb adapter that can read SD cards?

You might just have a bad memory card that you might have to take back or return it to wherever you purchased it from.
    04-24-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD