I just bought a blackberry curve 8330 after having an env3, I had a memory card for my env3 which fits into my blackberry but it erased everything. When i plug my blackberry into my computer my files show up but not on the phone itself. when i go onto the options menu>under media card, it says that my free space and used space are both 1.8 gb so obviouslt there's nothing on it but it won't let me save anything on it either, is there anything I can do to allow it to save my photos or ringtones? Or should I just get a larger file media card??? please help!!!!
    10-26-10 03:41 PM
    You should format the card in the blackberry.
    10-26-10 03:45 PM
    how do i format it? i tried looking for something like that but i couldnt find anything
    10-26-10 03:47 PM
    Go to Options, Media Card, hit your BB menu key and choose Format Card.
    10-26-10 03:52 PM
    Doesnt formatting it erase everything?
    10-26-10 04:08 PM
    Sure it does, formatting wipes it clean. The OP said it won't let him save anything to it. If the question was How do I recover the files that are on this media card, the answer would be different. Maybe I didn't understand his question correctly. Clearly, formatting would not be the choice moving forward if the issue is file recovery. Formatting will allow the card to be used in his BB, but would obviously delete anything that was previously existing on the card.
    10-26-10 04:12 PM
    Go get a Sandisk 8gig card @ Radio Shack for 24 bux. They sell Boost so they have just what you need. The card I bought from RS has worked flawlessly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 04:51 PM
    my card can be read in my computer but not on my blackberry. I tried another card with the same message, "Media Card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted." Is my blackberry screwed up?
    11-01-10 01:30 PM
    Have you tried formatting it in your Blackberry yet?
    11-01-10 01:43 PM
    Have you tried formatting it in your Blackberry yet?
    Once you format it you will lose any data on it. Before you format it in your BB, copy all your folders to your PC. Once it is formatted for your BB, copy the contents of each folder on your PC into the appropriate folder on your SD card.
    11-01-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD