I don't know if you guys noticed but the BB Curve is starting to become the new Sidekick. What I mean is, when you go out you would see everybody and there mother with a Sidekick. Slowly I'm starting to see a lot of people with a Curve.

Anyone noticed this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 09:39 AM
    thats because all those fools with the SK realized this is way better, and they are trying to get up with the times and become cool so they have to switch over to a BB!
    04-13-08 09:44 AM
    Most people who will never understand the Curve or BBs abilities in general will still stick to their SKs though so it's alright.
    04-13-08 09:46 AM
    I use to have a SK and when the LX came out that's when I realized the device is trash. I had the SK3 and bought the LX thinking the LX is way better. WRONG! Just the appearance, as for the features and what not...SAME! Except they added picture text and that was the major deference of the two. Sent it back, bought a Wing and thought that was the best phone for T-Mobile. Saw the Curve and wanted it, but wasn't quite sure yet. Read so many things about it, posted on Pinstack and Crackberry, got all the answers and information I needed to make my decision 100% sure. Now on a BB and I'm not switching to any other device.
    04-13-08 10:59 AM
    Yeah, a LOT of people are starting to join the BB community. I never had a Sidekick but I did have an iPhone & I love my BB so much more!
    04-13-08 12:24 PM
    iphone+sidekick= I don't get them!!!
    Having an unlocked iPhone with T Mobile service I still think the iPhone's Safari browser is is far superior than any mobile web browser on the market. The BB still is an excellent messaging device. I bought a BB in February just to give it a month to try out and never went back to my iPhone. I still swap phones from time to time but prefer my BB.
    04-13-08 12:47 PM
    All my friends from HS had the SK2 or whatever and they were all SK heads till I put them on the BB they all got curves now.
    04-13-08 12:50 PM
    We aren't TOO big on BlackBerrys here and I love the looks my 88 gets! I see Pearls occassionally and 1 or 2 Curves but I love that this is THE BlackBerry

04-13-08 01:11 PM
    More and more folks are coming to their senses!
    04-13-08 04:16 PM
    Better late than never.
    BlackBerry is the way to go!
    04-13-08 04:21 PM
    Only problem now is all the people that but the curve or the pearl and really don't know anything about them, so we get threads like "no video rec wtf" LOL anyone who read that thread knows what I am talking about.
    04-13-08 04:29 PM
    Yup i see them a lot now. before i didn't see people with the curve. i would see the 8700. now i can spot a curve a mile away. i got to admit i do like the sidekick slide. i dont think it compares to the curve tho.
    04-13-08 05:16 PM
    I actually don't like that it's happening. I see tons of kids with Pearls now, and it's making me doubt if I want a Pearl or not. After all, ALL the kids had RAZRs a few years back and now I see how great that was (*sarcasm*). I do happen to be one of those kids who got a RAZR.

I just don't want to be another person who got one cause "everyone else did". Which is why I'm looking in to getting a Curve (everyone has Verizon...so very few Curves up where I am just yet).
    Last edited by xandrex; 04-13-08 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Typo
    04-13-08 05:21 PM
    I honestly see more pearls then curves

04-13-08 05:28 PM
    it wouldn't be so bad if people knew what to do w/ them but some just wanna txt. and actually i'm starting to see more people w/ pda type phones then regular ones.
    04-13-08 05:35 PM
    In Canada it s everywhere .
    I was one of the first to get The Curve at my job and now everybody got it. You can just pick randomly a person in the street and you can bet that they ve a Blackberry Curve or a Pearl. PLus prices getting better now too, so it will just increase
    04-13-08 06:02 PM
    Crackvegas put it the best. Too many people get them for the wrong reasons or don't know what to do with them. That's what bugs me. Luckily I see more pda/touch type devices than berries

04-13-08 06:09 PM
    I rarely see someone with a BB here and if I do its normally a Pearl.

04-13-08 06:24 PM
    I don't like the fact everyone is getting a BB to tell you the truth. Here in NY it's mostly the young kids with SK's and slowly young kids are starting to get BB's.

04-13-08 09:09 PM
    Well in my school, I'm probably the only person who has a berry and teachers and students look at me like im a CEO. It is funny. I see pearls now and then on the street, but thats about it. I think the reason there getting more popular is because of sites like this. They are so helpful and make the berry look so amassing, that you will do anything to get one. Thats what happened to me anyway. Who knows, maby if they keep getting more popular more and more things will be available for them!
    04-13-08 09:29 PM
    I see a lot of 8300s in the agency where I work.

04-13-08 09:39 PM
    There are still lots that aren't switching over. They love their "Options + I" quick switch for AIM. I had a kick and the abilities of the BB is honestly 10 times better. AIM, BBM and even things as simple as cut n paste are better. Not to mention the browser also being better.
    04-13-08 09:53 PM
    it wouldn't be so bad if people knew what to do w/ them but some just wanna txt. and actually i'm starting to see more people w/ pda type phones then regular ones.
    yeah it kinda burns my buns..mostly because A. yeah they are mostly just texting and don't use the full capabilities and B. im a little jealous that i barely can afford one and here is some snot nosed kid with one before me..yes im hating..lol
    04-13-08 10:17 PM
    I've had my curve for fives months.... I now have 8 friends that have them and my brother. If my dad used his phone for anything more than phone calls only, I'd talk him in to one too. Haha

04-13-08 10:21 PM
    opps, sorry wrong window....lol
    Last edited by D_Town; 04-13-08 at 10:36 PM. Reason: i posted a reply to a different topic by mistake.
    04-13-08 10:32 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD