Is the trackball on the T-Mobile 8310 harder than the trackball on the ATT 8310? My trackball hurts the sides of my thumb just about after 5 minutes.
    06-15-08 03:24 AM
    No, it's not you it's the, regrettably, normal variation between various trackballs.

I have a Pearl and a Curve and the difference between the two trackballs (the are the same RIM partnumber) is incredible.

If this is really a problem for you then take the phone back to the shop and see if they will replace the trackball for you.

You can also take pot-luck and order a new one from Cellular Accessories - BenQ-Siemens, SonyEricsson, Sony, Accessories Store, Mobiado, Nokia, Microsoft, but there is no gurantee if you will receive a loose or a tight one from their box of 5'000 (or whatever) trackballs in stock.
    06-15-08 04:09 AM
    My thumbs cracked from the use of my Pearl...I called it tough love. I don't have any problems now. Just getting used to it I think...Hang it there! lol
    06-15-08 05:11 AM
    hahaha ya the thumbs get sore after a long day
    06-15-08 06:57 AM
    yeah... my curve's trackball is also giving me the sores...
    06-15-08 07:00 AM
    My Curves Track ball is looser than my 8820, but it doesn't cause me any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 07:03 AM
    Mine's fine. Some trackballs' are smooth, some are gritty. I like mine on a lil' on the gritty side...
    06-15-08 10:47 AM
    This sort of stuff doesn't say much for RIM's quality ability. Actually, it doesn't say anything... their QC blows from one phone to another, even in the same model. That really needs to improve!!!
    06-15-08 10:51 AM
    It is just you, kidding I am sure that you got it figured out by now.
    06-15-08 10:52 AM
    As others have said, unfortunately this is a common and well-known issue with RIM devices. I have had six different units from RIM (five 8830WEs and one Curve 8330) all on Verizon and none of them have had the same trackball. I dont feel this is necessarily a bad thing, however. I now know that I like my trackball to have a little bit of texture and wiggle to it, rather than being completely smooth and locked into place. It is annoying that you can recieve a handset with a trackball that you dislike, but if you switch it for another one most likely you will get a different feeling trackball.
    06-15-08 10:55 AM
    I have a curve 8330 and have the best trackball ever. My buddy has a pearl 8130 and its hard to move. I guess its luck of the draw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD