Ok..I know there are 10 million threads on Curve battery problems & drainage issues and I've read through about all of them in the past week and learned some great things that I never knew in the past year or so of having my pearl. Now my pearl 8100 battery would literally last for days without doing some of the things I'm doing now..like closing applications and turning off bluetooth and stuff. Anyway...I've had the 8310 for a week now and the battery life really sucks and, to be fair, some of the things were my fault and I am having better luck after doing all of the suggested things on the forums..BUT here's what I found out this morning:

Last night I turned my phone OFF and plugged it in. I unplugged it when the light was a steady green and left it OFF on the desk. 7AM auto turn on and i picked it up and checked my e-mail...the battery is 1/4 low!!! I was pretty shocked but noticed this: When I first got the phone and installed the battery it took a while to completely boot up the phone...now my phone is almost instantly to my homescreen and "booted up" every morning whether i turn it on manually or let it "auto" turn on. So...I think I'll try thr old battery pull..and here's what floors me... when I re-install the battery it takes some time to boot up and "Verify security software" and such then MY BATTERY SHOWS OVER 3/4 EMPTY!!! I am baffled!! I don't use WIFI or naything like that soif anyone has any suggestions PLEASE i will listen to all advice and suggestions! Maybe there's something on the Curve that's already turned on from the intital settings that wasn't on my Pearl? Also, it may make a difference that I bought the phone new and unlocked online in the box and it is ATT branded if it makes any difference in the whole scheme. Funny thing is that the first day I had the phone it seemed to stay charged pretty well..even when first installing the battery out of the box!
    07-31-08 08:20 AM
    I have a feeling you are leaving apps running. Turning your phone off is about the equivalent to suspended animation. Off is not really off, just in more of a sleep mode. If you still have a lot of apps running, it could still use the battery. This pretty much sounds like you had a lot of apps running and they just drained your battery. The only other thought is that your battery didn't actually charge.
    07-31-08 08:28 AM
    I thought that as well. Is there any way to determine what apps are running..like on your desktop computer? or do you just go into each app and "exit or quit"? I assume a battery pull exits and quits each open app, doesn't it? Thanks!
    07-31-08 08:48 AM
    yes there is a way to check and see what apps are running hold down alt and press the back button and left of the track ball. that will bring up all the apps running in the background. there will be i think five things that always run messenger, call log, browser, messages, and your of course the icon to go back to the home screen
    07-31-08 08:55 AM
    Best way is to just make a habit of closing apps when you are done using them by pressing menu and close or exit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD