TiMe for a new phone. I have a pearl 8130. Time for something new.
    How do you like your 8330? Should I get one or a newer model from the store?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 11:14 AM
    now there is nothing wrong with the getting a phone off of Ebay.. but you should make sure that the seller of the phone has had the pin released. This has caused many of headaches for folks that have purchesed a phone from someone on Ebay.
    With out the pin being released by the oringinal owner. you will not beable to register the phone on any carrier. Just a little food for thought.. good luck and Enjoy..
    05-08-10 11:52 AM
    You also need to get a device that is branded to your carrier. Sprint phones cannot be used on VZW. (It is different for GSM carriers. For CDMA, you must purchase a device branded to your carrier.)

It is also necessary to ensure that the ESN is clear (the phone has not been reported lost or stolen), and the final phone bill was paid. You should call your carrier and ask them about the PIN and the ESN.
    05-08-10 12:02 PM
    I bought my 8330 from ebay. I made sure to buy from a seller who had thousands of transactions with great feedback, the phone was refurbished and for my carrier vzw. I couldn't be happeir the phone has been perfect.
    05-08-10 12:25 PM
    i got my 8330 from ebay back in Jan. the phone was in brand new condition. everything checked out perfectly on it and it has been the best purchase i ever had from ebay. only paid $100 for it
    05-08-10 12:40 PM
    How about the curve 8330? I can get a red one on eBay. Is the curve2 that much better? A red BB would be fun but not if it doesn't work as well as it should.
    05-08-10 02:10 PM
    Vzn doesn't have the red 8330. That was on Sprint. You can buy a full red housing for the 8330 and change it though.

All the above advice was good about making sure the ESN/MEID are clear and the PIN released.

You can also buy inexpensive insurance on your BB purchased on eBay from squaretrade.com for added peace of mind. I think a one year warranty costs $20 something.
    05-08-10 03:52 PM
    Buying an 8330 from ebay is a good option. They have tons of new ones for about $150. I would make sure that you buy it from a power seller. If it is new, you shouldn't have an issue with ESN or PINs. You do have to make sure that it is branded to your carrier. But other than that, you shouldn't have any issues. Good luck with your new device. Also, why aren't you trying to get a new device? I have nothing against the 8330, I think that it was one of the best devices ever made.

05-08-10 05:18 PM
    always do good dd on your sellers on ebay...but if you are confident and comfortable with the process, fees, return policy, etc, you should do fine.

i think maybe you might do better with a newer device tho. at the rate that new things are coming out you're putting yourself way behind the 8-ball in my opinion. there are tons of good deals to be had if you look around really well.
    05-08-10 05:31 PM
    I am all for buying a phone on ebay if you are not eligible for an upgrade- if you are then why go thru ebay?
    05-08-10 06:05 PM
    Bought and sold close to 100 phones on Ebay. As it has been stated, do a little homework. Make sure the seller has at least 99% positive feedback and be sure to look at their return policy.
    05-08-10 06:23 PM
    Use Paypal to buy a Blackberry on ebay. That way if the phone is not as advertized,
    you can have Paypal request your funds back.
    05-08-10 08:46 PM
    just a question about the pin being released... I was going to advertise on here that I have 2 BB 8310's for sale and I want to make sure that I sell a phone that someone can use. How do I check it? I just sold one a week ago and I wiped it clean. Does that take care of the pin too?
    05-09-10 03:36 PM
    just a question about the pin being released... I was going to advertise on here that I have 2 BB 8310's for sale and I want to make sure that I sell a phone that someone can use. How do I check it? I just sold one a week ago and I wiped it clean. Does that take care of the pin too?
    No, to release the pin you have to log on to the BIS site for your carrier and remove your device's pin from your account.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what...site-url-3187/
    Last edited by xliderider; 05-10-10 at 12:02 AM.
    05-10-10 12:00 AM
    I dont have an account with att anymore...I switched to sprint. Does that matter? Would my pin be released then?
    05-10-10 12:11 AM
    I dont have an account with att anymore...I switched to sprint. Does that matter? Would my pin be released then?
    Not necessarily, the new owner could possibly still receive your emails because RIM's BIS servers could still be pushing your emails to the device because your email accounts were registered to the device via the pin.
    05-10-10 12:24 AM
    TiMe for a new phone. I have a pearl 8130. Time for something new.
    How do you like your 8330? Should I get one or a newer model from the store?

I bought my 8330 off ebay back in november. Best $100 I spent on a phone. It was in brand new condition. Haven't had the first problem with it. I bought it from ebay because I had already used my upgrade a few months before on a phone I thought I wanted. Turns out it was a piece of crap. Never been happier with my BB purchase. I love you BB.

05-10-10 09:24 AM
    I have pick up four blackberry's off ebay ,even the new 8530 check the feedback
    05-22-10 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD