i researched it and wanted to see if it was safe to just remove att ptt to gain alittle space.will i lose any other data assciated with anything else.i didnt back up my phone and just want to get rid of the one app.thanks
    08-26-09 12:41 PM
    It is safe to remove that one app, but it won't save much memory.

Always make regular backups, always.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 12:48 PM
    MaxMem can be used to selectivly remove software, including AT&T Push to Talk.

There have been no reported problems with inpact to other software or settings.

Always make regular backups, always. ...
    I also strongly advise backing up your data and settings regularly. I would hate to count how many times I have encountered members with a total loss of data becasue they did not have a backup.

08-26-09 12:52 PM
    I recommend using CrackMem instead:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

You can remove the push to talk, TTY support for hearing aid support, and anything else you don't need.

08-26-09 12:52 PM
    do i just download crackmem and then plg my bb via usb with it running?
    08-26-09 03:31 PM
    You need to have a copy of your current OS that is on your BB installed on your computer as well to run CrackMem.

Run CrackMem, remove files/apps you don't want. Connect your BB to the usb port, then click on Launch Desktop Manager.

08-26-09 03:40 PM
    Yes it should be safe, I use MaxMem regularly with my 8900 without any problems so far, that been said.....for example, if you are using ATT then you need to remove T-Mobile stuff, because I am using T-Mobile and don't really care about my favorites or suretype the following was removed: PTT, T-Mo Fives, MDS, TID, Foreign Resources and RIM Internal Tools, only then I've seen some memory gains. Just use common sense and caution....good luck.
    08-26-09 04:42 PM
    im sounding way to incompetant but how do i save the os on my computed?to i plug in the phone and save to harddrive?then open crackmem check off some boxes and then open desktop manager?why does dm have to open?does opening dm to back it up again?
    08-26-09 05:36 PM
    Nevermind, forget about CrackMem. Just use MaxMem. Don't remove your themes though or you might have problems using third party themes.

08-26-09 06:12 PM
    sorry dude way to new to bb.i downloaded crack mem and did a back up with dm just trying to figure out how to save the os to the pc.
    08-26-09 06:15 PM
    You need to find out what OS is running on your BB. Options, About, third line down.

Then you need to download that OS off the internet, usually from blackberry.com, to your PC then install it on your PC.

08-26-09 07:54 PM
    gotcha<ill try that. iwas just on the rim website.ill go to it. thanks
    08-26-09 08:34 PM
    Nevermind, forget about CrackMem. Just use MaxMem. Don't remove your themes though or you might have problems using third party themes.

Darn it. I wish I would of read this before I used MaxMem. I erased my preloaded themes thinking nothing of it. It never crossed my mind I would have a problem with 3rd party themes. Their on my phone but I'm not able to change my themes now. All I have is that gay zen theme

So I go back to my DM to restore my phone back to where it was earlier. But, I'm still having the same problem. I don't know what to do now.

My question is how will I able to use 3rd party themes again?

Thanks for your help everyone one. I'll check back after I wake up. Hope there is answer to my worries.
    08-27-09 02:38 AM
    eripmu, if you have a copy of your OS installed on your computer then you can connect to Apploader and reload the themes back to your BB. It will appear as Core apps I believe it will show as an update on the action in the Application Loader window.

08-27-09 02:50 AM
    I was hoping for a quick response while I was brushing my teeth. I sure hope it's on my computer. But I would have no idea where to look. I'm starting to get nervous.
    08-27-09 02:57 AM
    I was hoping for a quick response while I was brushing my teeth. I sure hope it's on my computer. But I would have no idea where to look. I'm starting to get nervous.
    HA! So funny that this happened to you and as I came to the site this thread was on the "Latest Forum posts", because it JUST happened to me. I reinstalled my theme over itself and am rebooting. Hopefully it saved how I had all my icons set up, they're a pain to set up.

EDIT: Houston, we have a problem. Yeah, didn't realize you need the stock theme version of whatever theme you want to use. OOPS.
    Last edited by 312; 08-27-09 at 03:05 AM.
    08-27-09 03:00 AM
    I did reinstall the theme. But no luck there either. If it works for you the themes go back to how you had them before.
    08-27-09 03:07 AM
    Yeah, no dice...I need the factory bottom dock theme. Why do I ALWAYS have to mess with something?!

Last edited by 312; 08-27-09 at 03:26 AM.
    08-27-09 03:12 AM
    Back to beautiful.

Just ran apploader like someone else suggested.
    08-27-09 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD