Hey guys,

So i have noticed my blackberry lagging BIG TIME everytime i unlock it from the holster and go to read my text message. When i click on a txt message it takes up to 3-4seconds to open the txt message (as opposed to less than a second before). When i click on Options>Status, I have over 43MB left.

So what is causing this lag?
    08-30-09 09:16 PM
    If you have a memory card, try taking it out. Did the lag go away? If it did, move your files off the card, reformat the card in the BB, then move your files back to the card.

The file system on the card sometimes gets corrupted and causes lag like you describe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 09:22 PM
    so the media card affects the blackberry OS? Like when im scrolling on the menu page, it scrolls slowly and when im typing either notes or a SMS txt, the word comes on the screen after a couple of seconds after im done typing the word
    08-30-09 09:28 PM
    As far-fetched as it sounds, it can...

Do you know how to check if other apps are running in the background?

Hold your Alt key down, press the Back key. There should only be the 5 native apps running (Browser, Home, Phone, Messages, BB Messenger). If you aren't properly closing your apps (Menu close/exit) and leaving them running in memory, that can also bring your BB to it's knees.

08-30-09 09:36 PM
    Options/screen,keyboard
    Scroll down to key rate and set it to fast. Should help the typing. With regard to the lag idk.

08-30-09 11:05 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

08-30-09 11:32 PM
    The mem card trick should do it. Have u tried a battery pull? Sometimes after loading new software it will lag the phone, even switching to some themes. So try a battery pull if u havnt then try the mem card.

08-30-09 11:33 PM
    Mine does this quite often. I have to pull the battery, close any apps that i am not using right then, and baby it for a little bit and its back to normal.
    08-31-09 09:34 AM
    When IDo the alt back sequence on my Curve 8330 with Verizon, nothing comes up. What screen do you have to be on?
    Thanks
    Pat

08-31-09 10:07 AM
    You can do it on any screen. You have to keep hold alt or else the little menu will not pop up.

08-31-09 10:44 AM
    By the "back" key, I'm assuming they mean the "del" key? I try it and do not get any screen to pop up. I would like to know what app's I have running.
    Thanks,
    Pat
    08-31-09 11:13 AM
    key to the right of the trackball is your back key to go back to previous screens. If you have a lot of apps running when in the app hit the menu key (left of trackball) and scroll to close the app.
    08-31-09 11:36 AM
    Oops. That works. I have 5 apps running.
    THanks,
    Pat
    08-31-09 11:56 AM
    How is your free memory? Have you got a bunch of text, emails stored or saved in your folders? In messages , go to folders and check it out. Do you have a ton of cookies and stuff in your cache in your browser?
    08-31-09 03:19 PM
    do I do a batter pull when the device is on or off?

Also I have about 44MB left but I have over 650 SMS txts on my phone. I dont use the browser at all so I have never cleared the cookies or anything
    08-31-09 04:55 PM
    Just curious but how the heck do u have 44 megabytes next to file free under options-status on a 8330 curve? I was told it has the same memory as an 8830....I'm lucky to have 16 mb on mine even after deleting things I don't use...

I would suggest downloading maxmem delete voice diailing if u don't use it...delete any languages u don't use etc....u can search for maxmem on here or google

08-31-09 05:04 PM
    do I do a batter pull when the device is on or off?

Also I have about 44MB left but I have over 650 SMS txts on my phone. I dont use the browser at all so I have never cleared the cookies or anything
    Always pull the battery with the power on. Then wait at least 30 seconds before putting the battery back in.
    08-31-09 05:05 PM
    jfriend, the 8330 has 96MB of memory, the 8830 has 64MB.
    08-31-09 05:06 PM
    Couldn't having 650 sms's on the phone potentially slow it down somehow?
    08-31-09 05:11 PM
    Probably.

10 char

08-31-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD