Hi all... I am some of a tech guy and for the life of me I cant figure this out.

I have a 8330 Curve and 8 gig Micro SD card. I have version 4.7 of desktop manager... No matter what I do I cant get windows to see it in explorer...

I have Mass storage enabled
    I see it in device manager
    I have it directly connected to machine (no USB HUB)
    I have rebooted with it connected does not see it.
    Roxio piece of junk sees it but that program is not fun :-)

I just want to drag and drop some files

Please help!

Thanks!!!
    03-01-09 02:22 PM
    The DM should support the 64 bit version. If no one esle has a resolution, I would call VZW 800-922-0204 and have them get you over to RIM for support.
    03-01-09 02:27 PM
    It may be because you are using DM 4.7, uninstall DM 4.7 and download/install DM 4.6 and give it a try. DM 4.7 was developed supposedly for the Storm, Bold and 8900 running OS 4.6 and can give problems with the older BBs not running 4.6 OSs.

Since you don't like Media Manager, download DM 4.6 without Media Manager.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-01-09 at 02:34 PM.
    03-01-09 02:30 PM
    Did you try connecting without DM running. Shouldn't be an issue, but easy enough to try.
    03-01-09 02:31 PM
    It may be because you are using DM 4.7, uninstall DM 4.7 and download/install DM 4.6 and give it a try. DM 4.7 was developed supposedly for the Storm, Bold and 8900 running OS 4.6 and can give problems with the older BBs not running 4.6 OSs.
    I have the exact setup including DM 4.7 and I can browse my SD card without problems. But I agree, that 4.6 is better to use with the curve.

Edit:

I stand corrected, I forgot I went back to 4.6 on my Vista machine. So this something worth trying.
    03-01-09 02:32 PM
    DM version should not matter as stated above if you are in Mass Storage Mode it does not need to be open. Nor would the issue be Vista 64 I dont think.. The issue is more than likely your OS does not support the size of the card. Verify you are on 4.3 or higher for 8gb to work in the phone

Check options about or hit alt - shift - h and look @ the app version
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-01-09 at 02:51 PM.
    03-01-09 02:42 PM
    Yes I am on 4.5 on the phone. If I take the card out and put in my machine its fine and I can copy to it. I dont understand what DM version 4.6 is going to do for me if I cant even get it to see in windows? different USB drivers?
    03-01-09 02:59 PM
    Okay wanted to make sure you were on 4.5 - have you formattted the card?
    03-01-09 03:01 PM
    Yes I have files on it and everything. Like I said when I take the card out and put in my vista machine in the SD slot it sees it fine.
    03-01-09 03:18 PM
    If you have formatted the card and tried the above steps I have no idea what is going on. If it were me I would transfer the files (by inserting it in the PC obviously) to the PC and format the card in the BB (options>media card>menu button>format) and then try to see if that helps.... IF you have not done this already of course........
    03-01-09 03:21 PM
    Thanks for your help... I will try to reformat and let you know.
    03-01-09 03:32 PM
    Well reformatting the card worked.... weird.

Thanks for all the help

God Bless!
    03-01-09 03:47 PM
    Well reformatting the card worked.... weird.

Thanks for all the help

God Bless!
    Roger that! You are welcome, glad to help......

tyu2
    03-01-09 03:51 PM
    Hi there!
    I am experiencing sort of the same problem....
    Running Vista, bberry os 4.5, desktop manager 4.6 w/roxio.
    When i plug in the phone via the usb cable, window states "unknown device"
    I used to see it in "my computer" but i dont now. I cant seem to access the phone at all.
    Any advice?
    Thanks for your time,
    Janeen
    03-02-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD