Hello,
    I've been reading and searching the forums for days now... i have a 2GB miniSD card in my curve 8330 running OS 4.5.0.77. When I had DM 4.7, neither media manager nor windows explorer could see my card however a card reader could. So i removed all pics, etc., reformatted the card, still nothing. I uninstalled DM, and miraculously it worked! For all of 5 minutes I could see my card in Windows explorer... when i plugged in the bb it went thru the usb driver install and the window popped up with all the folders on the card. I loaded some music on the card and disconnected. I went to plug in again, and it asks if I want to enable mass storage mode. I say yes, it sits there, asks me again, and then totally disconnects.

I reformatted the card AGAIN, connected and it worked. Loaded music, disconnected, reconnected and nothing....

I've updated USB drivers, I've tried DM 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7; I named the drive X so there is no drive conflict... and the only time I was able to see the card at all was after i removed DM. Sorry for babbling, I am totally losing my mind on this one.... any help would be greatly appreciated...
    01-12-09 03:43 PM
    Go into Options > Media Card. Set Auto enable mass storage mode when connected to yes.
    01-12-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks for replying... I tried that, it sits there for a second and disconnects
    01-12-09 03:50 PM
    01-12-09 03:55 PM
    Hi again,
    I tried all of the USB troubleshooting, the USB port sees my BB and the drivers are up to date. but windows explorer doesn't see it. I'm attaching screenshots, it looks like it should work ok... am I missing something obvious?

Interestingly, when I connect now, it doesn't automatically disconnect after a few seconds. Progress maybe?

Thanks again for your help....
    01-12-09 09:21 PM
    I think you should try it on another computer.
    01-12-09 09:25 PM
    I've tried it on my desktop as well as my laptop (my primary device), both with and without desktop manager loaded. The only time it did work was on my laptop, after i uninstalled DM and reformatted the memory card.... it's bizarre
    01-12-09 09:28 PM
    Does the PIN number show up when you use Desktop Manager?
    01-12-09 09:30 PM
    It does, except when I enable mass storage mode
    01-12-09 09:32 PM
    Tell verizon you want a new phone.
    01-12-09 09:40 PM
    I'll try anything at this point... maybe I'll get lucky and they'll actually give me one. Thanks for your help.
    01-12-09 09:46 PM
    Have you tried a different usb cable? Sounds like a bad one.
    01-12-09 09:49 PM
    Go figure... i took it to vzw today, it's a bad usb port on the bb... they're sending me a new one. Thanks again for your help!
    01-13-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD