Out of no where my phone asks me "Do you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode? You Might not be able to access some media files in this model" ... Can someone explain to me what this is all about about?

What happens when I click YES and No?
    Please help.. thank you!
    01-15-09 10:41 AM
    MSM is where you can accesss the media card in your phone when connected to your PC like a regular hard drive/USB drive.
    01-15-09 10:44 AM
    When plugging in a posrtable hard drive or thumb drive you will see a lil pop up saying mass storage device, its just one of a couple ways to access the media card in your BB when connected to your PC. If you select no you can change your answer through

Options>Media Card

Then enable mass storage mode. Also if you dont want to, and some BES admins disable it you can access whats on the card by opening the Media Manager through the DM.
    01-15-09 10:52 AM
    using mass storage mode also enabled dragging and dropping of your files thru the windows, alot easier than using media manager and (bleech) Roxio
    01-15-09 11:08 AM
    Is this happening when you connect your BB to a PC?

If so, Options > Media Card > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = Yes should eliminate the message.
    01-15-09 11:08 AM
    When you are in MSM (mass storage mode), your phone won't access some files like your ringtones. If you receive a call or message while you are working, it will return to the default setting.

Once you exit MSM, it will return to your assigned settings.
    01-15-09 11:53 AM
    Is this happening when you connect your BB to a PC?

If so, Options > Media Card > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = Yes should eliminate the message.
    Yes I think so ...
    01-15-09 12:51 PM
    When I plug in the microUSB cable, I get the "Use as Mass Storage Device?" pop-up, and it says Yes / No...

...and if you scroll down, there's a "Don't Ask Me Again!" option that it took me two days to notice.
    03-05-09 06:00 AM
    You can either check "Don't ask me again" or leave it. It will just enable it or not when you plug it in next time without asking if you select this.
    03-05-09 06:31 AM
    My question is similar. I have MSM enabled. It works on my work computer, XP, SP3, but not at home, Vista. I don't see it at all at home, not do I hear a sound like something is being connected.

Thanks,

Ryan
    03-05-09 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD