Sorry if this has been posted before.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq4m/
    10-15-08 07:09 AM
    Do you have a question or just posting the link for our info?
    10-15-08 07:28 AM
    Seems like a nice program. It currently does not support my bb 8330 curve. They are working on adding it for all models.
    10-15-08 07:41 AM
    Do you have a question or just posting the link for our info?
    Just posting for everyone to know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 09:25 AM
    How would this differ from Google maps?

10-15-08 10:59 AM
    Nice option for people that like using Maoquest. Just need active GPS to use it for now.
    10-15-08 11:29 AM
    Not available for my Curve yet.
    10-15-08 11:32 AM

It would have a higher percentage of bad directions, longer routes, and higher tolls.

[*disclaimer*] Honestly, I have not used Mapquest since Google Maps appeared 6 or 7 years ago. I doubt Mapquest has improved much, but I can't say for sure.
    10-15-08 11:58 AM

Mapquest has it's own set of bells and whistles.
    Only works using an active GPS in phone chip/puck/device at this time, at least for any GPS tasks, like turn by turn navagation, and finding your location.

The main diff is that Google Maps will work with all of the above, and cell towers for route mapping and finding your location (as close as it can using cell tower triangulation).

Playing with MapQuest I find the zoom level is not a good as Google's map. It does not show my street (private road), unless I use Aerial Map and I scroll it to my street, but Google finds it on all of it's map views.

From the short time I have played with it on my 8320, all address finding works, just like the web based MQ does. It's a Beta so I'm sure they will change a few things, Zoom-In level, make the fonts easier to read on some screens, etc.
    10-15-08 12:11 PM
    Not available for my Curve yet.
    You can use it on your Curve, just can't use it's GPS features, unless you have a standalone GPS device as well to bluetooth or usb connected to the Curve.
    10-15-08 12:14 PM
    Seems like a nice program. It currently does not support my bb 8330 curve. They are working on adding it for all models.
    Works perfect on my VZW 8330 Curve w/OS 4.3. Weird that it won't work on yours.

10-15-08 04:58 PM
    I am brand new to BB and I tried to go to download this and i got the Error 503 Service Unavailable message... do i have a setting wrong??
    10-18-08 11:36 PM
    Mapquest on the pc has always given me bad directions and wrong turns. Maybe the mobile version is better. Hope it works out for whoever tries it though.

10-18-08 11:44 PM
    Works perfect on my VZW 8330 Curve w/OS 4.3. Weird that it won't work on yours.

I'm w/ Verizon as well operating 4.3 also. Will not work for me. I tried m.mq4m.com. Is there another address?
    10-28-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD