Hi all,
    I just updated to a Curve WE, from a Pearl that bit the dust. Love the WE keyboard, and have everything up and running I need.
    Except for the fact I get a ton of emails from RIM, saying this message is being used by RIM to deliver mail to or from a server(Or something like that) I got 56 Sunday, and I know I didnt deal with that many mails through my account.
    I did clear a couple email accounts left on the phone from the previous owner, but I am thinking maybe I didnt get everything cleared from them? Is there a setting I can change?
    Thanks for any help!
    Digger
    04-07-09 07:58 PM
    Hi all,
    I just updated to a Curve WE, from a Pearl that bit the dust. Love the WE keyboard, and have everything up and running I need.
    Except for the fact I get a ton of emails from RIM, saying this message is being used by RIM to deliver mail to or from a server(Or something like that) I got 56 Sunday, and I know I didnt deal with that many mails through my account.
    I did clear a couple email accounts left on the phone from the previous owner, but I am thinking maybe I didnt get everything cleared from them? Is there a setting I can change?
    Thanks for any help!
    Digger
    Are you talking about the 8800? Because that isn't a Curve.

EDIT: Sorry for not actually replying.

Did you create your own BIS account? If so, you shouldn't have to worry about their emails being sent to you. Also, if you did create your own, try logging in, deleting your email accounts, and re-adding.

Also, I'd imagine if your phone is linked to someone else's account, and you delete the accounts, wouldn't it keep re-sending it?
    Last edited by gpgorbosjr; 04-07-09 at 08:09 PM.
    04-07-09 08:03 PM
    Ooops. My bad, I didnt realize I wasnt in the WE forum. Do they use similar email settings?
    04-07-09 08:09 PM
    Ooops. My bad, I didnt realize I wasnt in the WE forum. Do they use similar email settings?
    The settings should be the same. I edited my post before you replied, I didn't mean to ignore your problem. I saw WE and replied thinking it might have been hardware related and realized it was about the email.
    04-07-09 08:10 PM
    Naw, that is cool, I am just happy to be talking to someone who knows more than I do, but that wouldnt be hard. Here is what I do know, if you will indulge me.
    I bought my wife a Curve(really, I am sure about that one) for Xmas. Got BB jealousy, and bought a used Pearl. I never got any of these emails with it. The Pearl took a dump last week, and I bought the WE from a previous owner, off ebay. It works great, I have updated everything including the Desktop manager. I have Sprint service, and can log into and see my wifes email service, but when I try to set up an account with Sprint/Blackberry, it says this device alreay has an account. I did use Sprint chat to swap the phone, but had to clear 2 email accounts from it. I plan on chatting Spring up again tomorrow, but didnt know exactly what I am looking for, there is no assoication with any email address I can find in them.
    Sorry to be so long, just trying to be clear, but thanks a billion for the help.
    04-07-09 08:29 PM
    Naw, that is cool, I am just happy to be talking to someone who knows more than I do, but that wouldnt be hard. Here is what I do know, if you will indulge me.
    I bought my wife a Curve(really, I am sure about that one) for Xmas. Got BB jealousy, and bought a used Pearl. I never got any of these emails with it. The Pearl took a dump last week, and I bought the WE from a previous owner, off ebay. It works great, I have updated everything including the Desktop manager. I have Sprint service, and can log into and see my wifes email service, but when I try to set up an account with Sprint/Blackberry, it says this device alreay has an account. I did use Sprint chat to swap the phone, but had to clear 2 email accounts from it. I plan on chatting Spring up again tomorrow, but didnt know exactly what I am looking for, there is no assoication with any email address I can find in them.
    Sorry to be so long, just trying to be clear, but thanks a billion for the help.
    It is ok. I'm not a Blackberry expert myself, although I am learning quickly, so someone may come a long soon with better advice than me.

Maybe try calling Sprint, and asking them to create a new BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) account for you and to have your PIN associated with it.

Maybe I am wrong, but it kind of sounds like you don't have you own account. If you go to Here can you login using a user name/password you created?

EDIT: Also, if you DO have email working on your account, why not try forwarding the message you are getting from RIM to your email, so you can copy/paste it on to the forum? It wouldn't help me because I've never heard of that, but a specific message might help someone else who comes along diagnose the problem.
    04-07-09 08:34 PM
    Will do. I turned off the email setting that forwarded them to my outlook, but still had 36 waiting for me on the BB this AM. I think I am hooked up with another account, and will call Sprint today after class. Thanks!
    04-08-09 07:23 AM
    Uninstall DM and when you install it again, chose BIS.. I think when you installed it, you chose the BES option.
    04-08-09 08:15 AM
    I must have. Will do. and keep ya posted. Thanks for the help!
    04-08-09 04:03 PM
    Well, I haven't reloaded DM yet, but am pretty sure I am BIS. Here is what I get in the body, followed by a bunch of gibberish.
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    the sender is always [email protected], although the 1107 number changes with different messages.
    Will try to reload DM tomorrow to make sure I am on BIS, but any other info would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Dig
    04-08-09 07:20 PM
    In order to get it so you don't get somebody else e-mail the PIN needs to be wiped on the BIS system by Sprint. A PIN is hardware specific and not wireless account specific. If you get a new BB you get a new PIN number. I have heard of people being able to talk tech support into switching it for them but very rarely happens.
    04-09-09 12:49 AM
    Well, I have some info from another FF on here, just a little confused about it. I have the BB not getting the RIM messages, but have recieved 230 in two days into my web mail account. Very filling. Sprint did clear the old account, so I now can have my own BB/sprint account, and see my own email, and that is the only one. I deleted the service books in the BB pertaining to the Desktop Manager, do not see the redirecter icon, and recieved new service books from the Sprint site. Is this all I need to do? Is there a way to trace which mail account one of the RIM messages alludes to?
    04-11-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD