Okay, so I've tried everything and I can't get past the install for the Plazmik CDK stuff. It seems like I have to download old versions of everything, the Blackberry JDE, JDK 5... I'm afraid that these versions won't work for the 8330. I can't even find an 8330 simulator.

What exactly do I need? Will these old versions work?
    05-21-08 06:55 PM
    i was at a sprint store today and i was lucky enough to run into a very very smart/wise blackberry user and he too was having problems making themes for the new curve...he told me that the easiest thing to do at this point is 1.to hold off on themes or 2.buy the themes.
    05-22-08 01:59 AM
    But people DO make themes for the Curve... so it is possible... I just need to find someone who can tell me exactly what versions of all these components will work.

I do know this: this is extremely frustrating.
    05-22-08 11:01 AM
    check out this site: elecite.eveek.com

I installed the iBerry theme and it looks wicked. enjoy
    05-24-08 11:38 AM
    I've made themes for the Curve. You do need to download all that old stuff as indicated on the Plazmic site. Once you get everything installed, including the Plazmic stuff, you can upgrade JDK, etc. The Plazmic stuff looks for specific versions or it won't install.
    05-24-08 11:54 AM
    Okay, so I've tried everything and I can't get past the install for the Plazmik CDK stuff. It seems like I have to download old versions of everything, the Blackberry JDE, JDK 5... I'm afraid that these versions won't work for the 8330. I can't even find an 8330 simulator.

What exactly do I need? Will these old versions work?
    Just download exactly what it asks for. I believe you have to go with Email and MDS v4.1.2 instead of v4.1.7 to install though, that was a problem that I had with the install. All the MDS, JDE, JDK, and Simulators need to be installed prior to installing Plazmic. It will not even let you proceed if they are not.

The program will make themes for the 8330 it just wont have certain icons for non-3rd party apps like the video camera. Just select the simulator for another 8300 model until there is an update for the 8330, that's what I did at least. Cranked out my first theme and it worked okay, just a few bugs to work out.
    06-05-08 12:54 AM
    i have made themes using plazmic before on my att curve.

but today i was trying to install a theme using the desktop manager, and it would let me install the theme on my new sprint 8330.

im almost positive all my software is up to date.

is there another why i can get this theme on my phone without using the desktop manger?
    06-07-08 02:58 PM
    Which version of Plazmic do I need for my 8330? Seems like they are all made for the new flip berry.
    02-28-09 12:35 PM
    4 themes that will work in curve without costing money - httx://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4377768/BlackBerry_83XX___88XX_Premium_Themes
    12-30-09 04:20 PM
    Thanks for the heads up
    01-01-10 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD