I have searched and searched but cant find what I am looking for. The bb has shortcuts to download apps such as realtones, telnav, google talk, yahoo, ect... I don't want the apps nor do I want to see the shortcuts in my menu list. I moved them down to the bottom but they are still haunting my mind because they are there on MY bb and there just seems to be nothing I can do about it. Does any one out there know how to remove them, they are not apps so they don't appear in the app list in the settings, and I couldn't find a way the the dm either. I was hoping that when I installed the os update they would be gone, but NO they are still there.
    09-06-09 05:39 PM
    you can hide them. thats about all i know. i have tried the same thing and have had no success either.
    09-06-09 05:47 PM
    Which BB do you have? I have the 8330 and have none of those shorrcuts. Which OS are you currently running as well? Which cell carrier do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 05:47 PM
    you should be able to "hide" them. roll over it and push the bb button the hide feature is in the drop down menu.
    09-06-09 05:52 PM
    My bb is the 8330m curve from Alltel and my os is

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.281 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.281
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.169
    * Software Platform: 3.4.0.51
    * File name: 8330mAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel281_PL3.4.0.51_A4.5.0.169_Al ltel.exe
    * File size: 83.17MB

just installed today. The Verizion os is still behind the Alltel and I still have the bb on alltel service but am now in the verizon billing.
    09-06-09 05:54 PM
    Hmmm I guess those icons come standard on the m version. Did you do what x1323 suggested? I know there is a hise option? Let us know if that worked!

09-06-09 05:58 PM
    They're part of the service books from your provider, you can only hide them. Removing them is not possible.
    09-06-09 05:59 PM
    I have them hide, didn't realize I had the show all checked so they were still showing in ghost mode. But my problem is I still know they are there. Do they take up memory?
    09-06-09 06:03 PM
    You can remove them from the the phone. Go to options- advanced options- service books. Scroll to the one you want to delete, press your menu key and select delete. This will delete out the service books you don't want. You can also look under options-advanced options- applications and if there are apps listed there that you don't want you can scroll to the, press the menu key and select delete. Hope this helps.
    09-06-09 06:07 PM
    I would think they would still take up some sort of memory but not 100% sure. I would maybe consider calling Alltel and asking them. There may be around the issue directly from them. Hope that helps.

09-06-09 06:09 PM
    Nice homeboy I did not know that either I'm new too. You might try that as well. If your not comfortable doing that you could still call them and have them walk you through it as well.

09-06-09 06:11 PM
    My problem is when I call customer service I get verizon not alltel, I call the Alltel 800 number and they will not help for I am not in their system anymore.
    09-06-09 06:18 PM
    What did verizon customer service tell you? If your switched over then it should be on them to help you. You may ask them about updating to their os as well??

09-06-09 06:23 PM
    Well I still have the alltel plan since they wanted full price to buy their equipment to change to their plans. I have 3 bb's and 2 regular phones on my account and was looking at 1700 to 1800 bucks to change to their plans (a big not happening), so I will be holding out till all phones are upgradable. So as of now all my equip is still associated with alltel and not verizon. I can use their os but it would be downgrading my os and would have to delete the vendor files before I install it.
    09-06-09 06:35 PM
    This is true. Well I guess the only way to get around it is to forget they are there or try what homeboy suggested. I would not think them lying there dormit they would not take a lot of spacve.

09-06-09 06:40 PM
    you can also go into options>advanced options>applications.... then find those apps and delete them.... once you delete the app.. the icon disappears.... at least on my bb it does
    09-06-09 06:47 PM
    Normally that's what I would do on a program that I have downloaded and installed. But with his issue its a service pack type issue. He did not install them if I understand correctly. Its a push from his carrier.

09-06-09 06:54 PM
    you can also go into options>advanced options>applications.... then find those apps and delete them.... once you delete the app.. the icon disappears.... at least on my bb it does
    They do not appear in the app list because they are a shortcut to download the application not yet installed on the device.

I have found them in the service book list. I am going to try that since what can it do, its not like I cant wipe the bb and start over if I mess something up.
    09-06-09 06:57 PM
    This is true abtjason but make sure you do a backup first. Are you going to do this wipe sometime soon?

09-06-09 06:59 PM
    They do not appear in the app list because they are a shortcut to download the application not yet installed on the device.

I have found them in the service book list. I am going to try that since what can it do, its not like I cant wipe the bb and start over if I mess something up.
    sorry i guess i misunderstood, guess i should read a little closer before offer a solution to a problem.. hope all works out for you
    09-06-09 07:01 PM
    Its all good traindrvr it happens to all of us.

09-06-09 07:03 PM
    You can delete them from the service books a make them go away. So I pulled the battery for a good restart and BAM they came right back. Oh well I'll just hide the little buggers and hope in a few days I can forget about them.
    09-06-09 07:21 PM
    Lol good luck abtjason!!

09-06-09 07:25 PM
    This is true abtjason but make sure you do a backup first. Are you going to do this wipe sometime soon?
    I did one this morning and put in the newest os from alltel. I learned from my first bb that i need to make a backup once a week or so.
    09-06-09 07:25 PM
    I made a folder and called it "unused" and moved all the icons/programs I don't want on my screen to that folder. I wouldn't think an icon for an app download is hogging that much memory to make a difference anyway.
    09-06-09 07:52 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD