I've had my curve for about a month and 2 days ago I started having major problems. Everything takes about 2-3 minutes to do, ie answer a call, make a call, load the browser, etc. And since it takes so long to answer a call the person has already hung up so I can't answer them at all basically. Plus I dont receive any text messages. Finally, my inbox and otubox, as well as my phone log have all been completely erased and any new messages I send or calls I make/receive do not appear. Does anyone know what happened? My phone is basically useless at this point
    09-11-07 04:58 PM
    I believe you are experiencing what is referred to as a "memory leak".

This occurs when the amount of available memory on the device drops below a certain threshold. As a result, the system slows down and the device purges old messages in order to save memory.

If you do a thread search for memory leak, you should be able to find some tips on how to avoid this issue. I experienced the same thing about 1 month after having the device.
    09-11-07 05:33 PM
    Try a battery pull if you haven't done that yet
    09-11-07 11:57 PM
    Check your free memory by going to Options >Status.

I just gave some other suggestions to a member in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/file-free-4797/
    09-12-07 12:32 AM
    So, did the battery pull help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-07 04:50 AM
    what is battery pull?
    09-12-07 04:06 PM
    what is battery pull?
    While the device is powered on, remove the battery cover. Then remove the battery from the device. Wait a few seconds then replace the battery and the battery cover.
    09-12-07 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD