I just got a blackberry curve 8320 off craigslist, and it worked fine for a couple of days, now every now and then when I hit the talk button, it acts as if I pressed the "I" button. And when I hit the "Y" "U" or "I" button it acts if i pressed "YI". After a little while, it stops acting weird and works fine again. It is an on again off again issue. Any ideas? Is it a software issue or a keyboard issue. Any help would be great! Its making me mad!
    04-28-09 02:23 AM
    Sounds like the phone got wet or moisture in the keypad area.

Sometimes the phone can be dried out and "revived" for a while, but it's like a ticking time bomb. Problems almost always surface later from corrosion of the electrical contacts.

That's why the seller got rid of the BB IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 02:36 AM
    Just curious, was the price low, or did the seller take you for high value on this BB?

04-28-09 02:55 AM
    He gave me a decent price on it, not real cheap, but reasonable, but it did have some reasonable wear and tear on the casing
    04-28-09 03:09 AM
    It's a little late but you can try putting the BB in a ziploc bag with uncooked rice in it and seal it tight.

If possible, let it sit for a few days, longer is better.

By the way, take out the battery. Any residual moisture causes short circuits that is causing the bizarre symptoms you're experiencing.

Good luck.

04-28-09 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD