I'll be the first to admit I'm new to the whole BB phenom, I've only had mine for like 2 weeks now. I've tried searching the forums for an answer but there's thousands of threads and posts, and gods honest, I cant seem to find it, but I may be blind...

Yesterday I woke up to find the "Unread Mail" icon on the top of my screen. I go to mail and it says I have 1 unread message. When I open it up its empty... Its driving me a little nuts that I keep thinking that there is something there and then its empty again.

When I get another piece of mail it says 2 but only shows the one. I've gone to the actual program (on my computer) and deleted all the unread messages and still the icon remains.

I've restarted and pulled the battery... Help!
    04-04-09 08:34 AM
    Are you looking in the Main messages ICON? (the icon that looks like a mailbox with a red flag, theme dependant). Does the Icon look blue and say IM on it?
    04-04-09 08:37 AM
    Also, check your saved messages folder, its sneaky.
    04-04-09 08:40 AM
    The battery pull didn't help, hmm. Lol.

Check all your folders.
    Menu - View Folders
    Menu - View Saved

Uhm did you have a missed call ?
    On your messages do
    Alt + p

Uhh, what else ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ya sometimes I had some problem but for facebook, there is a sign for new messege but empty

Check all your Social Networking apps. Often times, they will cause the Unread Message icon to appear, and not specifically tell you which it is... TwitterBerry does this to me every so often.
    04-04-09 08:44 AM
    Are you looking in the Main messages ICON? (the icon that looks like a mailbox with a red flag, theme dependant). Does the Icon look blue and say IM on it?
    No it says "(1). Messages". When I go to the applications list the message seems to be in my yahoo mail account. But I've gone onto the computer and deleted all my messages there. Still it remains.
    04-04-09 08:46 AM
    Again, check your saved messages folder.
    04-04-09 08:48 AM
    No it says "(1). Messages". When I go to the applications list the message seems to be in my yahoo mail account. But I've gone onto the computer and deleted all my messages there. Still it remains.
    To me it sounds like a saved message !
    But also I've had issues with a "new email" and NOTHING was there it just went away on it's own lol

04-04-09 08:49 AM
    Check into all the advice given above to see if this helps. Do you have red * on the yahoo account on the main screen?

If it is with yahoo account, then you login to the BIS either from the phone (email settings) or from your computer if you have a user name and password. Then delete the yahoo email source and recreate it.
    04-04-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD