Hi all....I'm a newbie here and have a quick question. Anytime I delete mail on my BB (I even delete w/ prompt delete on device and handheld) it still appears when I check my email on my PC?? Anyone now how to fix this? I use AOL mail. Thanks in advance.
    12-31-07 11:55 AM
    Check your settings on the BIS site. If you want to delete on mailbox and handheld, there's a check box to synch deleted items between the mailbox and handheld.
    12-31-07 01:04 PM
    Check your settings on the BIS site. If you want to delete on mailbox and handheld, there's a check box to synch deleted items between the mailbox and handheld.
    Thanks.....I'm a newbie so I'm not familiar w/ this BIS site. What exaclty is it? Is their I link I need?
    12-31-07 01:44 PM
    I am not sure about the url for the AT&T BIS site. Do a search on this board and you'll find it.
    01-01-08 10:06 AM
    01-01-08 10:39 AM
    Thanks. I got the message "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."

So I used the site on the phone and the setting was selected to "yes" to synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device. I recall setting this to yes when I setup my phone when I first got it. Is there anything else I need to do? It sounds as though the synchronizition just works when deleting items from the mailbox and not vice versa (deleting the e-mail in the mailbox when deleted on the blackberry which is what I want).
    01-01-08 11:12 PM
    Anyone have any ideas? Is it just that AOL mail doesn't support this function?
    01-05-08 03:40 PM
    Try a battery pull - with the power on, take out the battery, wait about 20 seconds, put it back in, resend service books.
    01-06-08 02:30 PM
    I thought I was having the same problem. I recently purchased a BB 8830 and I am using AOL.
    When I delete mail on my PC it also delets on the 8830. But when I delete on the 8830 it does not appear to delete on the PC. However after checking further I figured out that if I log out of AOL and then log back into AOL, the emails were not there.

The same thing seems to happen with Outlook after removing the deleted files and then using send/receive. Again, the emails do not appear to delete on the PC until I log out of AOL and log back into AOL.

Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by White Mule; 05-23-08 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Figured out my problem
    05-22-08 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD