Is it possible to clear the downloaded attachments? and if so how? My memory keeps getting lower but I can't figure out how to clear it. I've memory cleaned, cleaned browser cache and rebooted phone. still sitting at less than 2mb
    11-20-09 12:33 PM
    Hmmmmm. Don't believe so. I believe all the cleaning you have done takes care of that. Did you check your running applications? Be sure to close out of them properly. Hitting "end" doesn't do it. Hit menu and then close to do this.
    Have you been downloading a lot of apps? Do you have a lot of media on your phone? Be sure its saved to your mem card instead of device memory.
    Also, check the amount of memory you have dedicated to RAM. This can be done through media-menu-options. Make sure its set to the max.
    Try also clearing your phone call logs, old texts and mms messages, and data log.
    To clear call logs, go to your sms/mms inbox and it alt and p. Select delete prior.
    To clear data log, go to home screen and while holding down the alt key, hit LGLG. Again delete.
    After that, battery pull while phone on. Rebooting I believe doesn't achieve the same thing.
    That's all I can think of. Maybe someone else has some other ideas. Could be as simple as you simply just have too much crap on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 01:30 PM
    No i don't have any apps installed other than gmail. i know how to close apps properly too. all my media is on a 4gb micro sdhc, so that's not the issue.

i'm thinking it could be my emails, but i mean, after i download the attachment, there should be some way to purge that cache
    11-21-09 01:05 AM
    I thought all of that stuff got cleared out with the memory cleaning. I could be wrong. If there is a way to clear out that cache I would be interested in the answer as well.

11-21-09 02:20 AM
    Memory cleaning just clears sensitive cache entries such as those where you've entered a password or credit card information. It actually does little to improve available memory.
    I think but am not sure, that when the attachment is released the memory is also released to be overwritten. I have Docs to Go, which saves dowloads to the media card, so my memory may be faulty - but I seeem to remember that if I reloaded an attachment right away it was instantly available, but by the next day it would need to download again, its memory allocation presumably having been overwritten.

11-21-09 02:42 AM
    Check the size of attachments data cache via Options | Status then press menu and Database Sizes - you will see "Attachment Data" listed

I think there are only 2 ways to do this:

1) delete the message (however difficult to know which ones have attachments cached!).
    2) via DM go to Backup | Advanced, select "Attachment Data" on the right and then "Clear"...
    12-01-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD