Hello CB users and abusers!! I KNOW for a fact that this issue has probally already been addressed several times, but oh well.. I call my BB magic because it has been doing dissapearing acts this whole past weekend. For no aparent reason it has deleted all of my call log, and text messages. Not only did it do it once, this occured every few hours within two days. I'm a little confused. I did a battery pull several times, but I have yet to discover the issue... Please help!!

Yo Baby Yo!!!
    03-02-09 03:42 PM
    Whats your free file number?
    03-02-09 03:43 PM
    Likely you are running low on file free space. Your BB is deleting "non-essentials" as a self preservation measure.
    03-02-09 03:45 PM
    Ya if u drop below 12,000,000 ur BB will start deleting old files to free up memory....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 03:45 PM
    You must make sure that you are closing out of the applications properly. Every time I switch from one screen to another, I alway hit the Blackberry button and scroll down to close to make sure that the item is completely closed...... if not then eventually you will start losing call logs and txt messages......
    03-02-09 04:15 PM
    Those are classic symptoms of memory issues.

Your BlackBerry has plenty of memory, but a lot of it is being used for the samples and preinstalled images. Free up that memory and you will be able to run smoothly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

03-02-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD