This is probably a dumb question, but I'm just wondering... I use my bb to listen to music, the problem is that when I'm at the office and everything is quiet, the lowest volume seems to be still kind of loud. Is there a way to make it a little softer? Are there any extra configuration options that I haven't been able to find out?
    09-23-08 11:00 AM
    If you use the side buttons and the volume is all the way down then that is as low as you can go. I have never heard of any other setting. I can suggest the following non technical way to muffle it. I assume you set your phone on your desk and it is too loud. Try setting the phone on a small towel on your desk. Since the speaker is in the back of the phone it will be pointed down into the towel and deaden some of the sound. Sorry but that's all I got!
    09-23-08 12:21 PM
    I use earphones, they're ok for the most part when I'm outdoors, but a little loud when at the office.
    ...well, I guess I could get some earphones with volume control :P
    09-23-08 12:26 PM
    2 things I can think of you can try. Since it looks like you are using OS 4.5, you can try one of the equalizer settings. One might make things a little softer. Also, check if you have Audio Boost turned on and if so, turn it off. If those 2 things bring no joy, you can always change the gain on your MP3 files. If you follow the link in my signature you can download a freeware app called MP3Gain. You can use it to lower (or raise) the volume of your MP3's. It doesn't re-encode the file, so there's no quality loss and its pretty quick.
    09-23-08 01:56 PM
    I use scotch or masking tape to temporarily cover the speaker area. Muffles it enough to still hear it.
    09-23-08 02:04 PM
    How do I turn Audio Boost off?
    09-23-08 03:17 PM
    If you just go into Media and hit the Blackberry button and go to Options, you should see it in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 03:49 PM
    Over this past weekend a post described MP3GAIN as a free pc program that allows you to increase or decrease the volume of your songs. I tried it and it works great. You would have to adjust your songs volume and reload to your card but with media sync thats a snap. Google the program if you like and check it out,
    09-23-08 08:03 PM
    Yep, mp3gain works great. Usually setting the Track Gain to around 89 gives pretty good results.
    09-23-08 08:07 PM
    I use scotch or masking tape to temporarily cover the speaker area. Muffles it enough to still hear it.
    I drink scotch to muffle the talking going in my head
    09-23-08 08:12 PM
    Thanks everyone for all of your help!
    09-23-08 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD