I have search and tried many things on the site.....i just bought this phone used for 40 bucks! alls it need was the ball, phone works great. but i upgraded to the new 4.5 os and i only have facebook, pandora, tetherberry, and crackberry apps installed.....i only have like 15 megs free? all pictures/vid go to memcard. is the new os just bigger? was i sopposed to delete the old off when done maybe? any help would be appreciated! like i said i just upgraded like a week ago....deleted all old messages and emails. i only have 1 extra theme but all the factory ones are there....i just find it hard to believe i only have 15 megs free on a fresh os install....but maybe the 4.5 just takes up alot? Thanks for your help!
    12-06-09 11:07 PM
    That does seem low. Try the steps in this procedure and see if you can recover more. How to Increase BlackBerry's File Free Memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 11:56 PM
    ok will do going to try right now thanks for quick reply! ill let ya know
    12-07-09 12:17 AM
    Which 8300 do you have? With my 8320 and the old work 8310, they only had 64 Mb of internal memory, so that sounds a little high for the apps you are running. Typically after a fresh install and after running Shrink a OS or Crackmem, I'd have maybe 17Mb free, without ANY apps installed. But the 8330 has 96Mb of RAM.
    12-07-09 02:35 AM
    i have the plain ol 8300.....i did the steps posted above the mem cleaner app....started with 13 megs.......ended up with 24!!!!! wonderful thanks everyone for helping im new here and still figuring this thing out....also does anyone know if the telenav on att is free with the 30 bb plan or if it cost more? thanks
    12-07-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD