Theres prolie a million threads already but i just got around to doin this tonight after reading up on here and watching a how to on youtube.

I got a verizon 8830 and had the v4.5..... so i downloaded the 5.0 from Megauploads, saved teh file, deleted the vendro file from Research in motion, then hooked up my BB and clicked installer and then took bout 20minutes for all my stuff to install and do its thing.

My phone kept everything all apps and browser, etc. I like how it seperated the media files to seperate icons, the txts are sweet its like a real conversation now, browser is faster, searching for things is faster, picture looks cleaner. So far so good, b4 with my v4.5 my phone was slow as **** and when i called i got the glitch in the ear piece sounds like a mouse or a bird chirrping. So far im loving this new software. I have a white battery cover and face to complete the pimpin lol. Now to wait for the Iphone for verion then ill be set, i already got the ipod touch so really just need the iphone for calls, oh BTW i jail broke my ipod touch to already.
    08-07-10 12:17 AM
    That's wicked sick. I have Boost's 5.0 on my Berry and would never go back to 4.5. It's a bit tight memory wise, but the new features make it worth the sacrifice. I love the threaded texting (hitting enter instead of menu>send is so awesome), the timer and the stop watch are welcome additions. I could never go back!
    08-07-10 11:55 AM
    MoonHowler, I am running 5.0.0.438. It is a bit chunky, but have stripped mine down to 32mb at fresh boot using the included link. Use Maxmem with caution. And if you want to run 3rd party themes do not delete the stock ones. 3rd party themes use them as templates. Let me know if you try it. Good luck. Oh and my bb runs great and has for the last 2 months.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 02:02 PM
    I love the Capture It feature that allows you to take pictures of ur BB screen on any app on the phone.

Battery Life is great so far, sending and recievig txts seems faster too. I heard the Iphone isnt coming out for verizon now, i have my upgrade in Sept kinda was gonna get a new phone, what would you suggest?
    08-07-10 02:20 PM
    I recommend BBTweaks.com OS 5.0.0.438 v11 (or better yet become a VIP & load v12).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 05:51 PM
    lilhomie07, what is your file free memory? Options, Status?

As mentioned, OS 5 can be a memory hog. Also, how do you feel about having os 5 on your phone, but still have the clunky Dimension theme?

There are ways to get a proper Precision theme on your BB...
    08-07-10 06:43 PM
    lilhomie07, what is your file free memory? Options, Status?

As mentioned, OS 5 can be a memory hog. Also, how do you feel about having os 5 on your phone, but still have the clunky Dimension theme?

There are ways to get a proper Precision theme on your BB...
    Its 22043012 bytes
    08-07-10 09:26 PM
    22MB is pretty good, some have ended up with less than 10MB following an install of OS 5.
    08-07-10 09:29 PM
    Damn that sucks, i love the new software, glad it works on this phone. I think im gonna upgrade to the newest curve or the storm 2 tho.
    08-07-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD