Heard initial "bad reviews"on storm forums....but most new reviews I c are nothing but positive....stating high learning curve.

I know ill reret it....but tempted to switch from my flawless 8330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:12 AM
    I'm new to BlackBerry and am on my second Storm. I have a week left to decide if I'm going to keep it or not. I was leaning towards the Curve as a replacement. Is the battery life good on the Curve?
    12-13-08 12:24 AM
    I love my Curve.
    But that grass is pretty F'in green over at the Storm's place.....
    we'll find out in a few days.
    12-13-08 12:25 AM
    I like my Curve. I went over to a Verizon store to play with the Storm for fun. I was not impressed with the touchscreen at all. I couldn't get the phone pad off the screen to be able to see the other stuff. I played for like 2 minutes and decided I was happy with my Curve.

Battery life is great, I charge once a day.
    12-13-08 12:27 AM
    I have had the Storm since it came out. Its a tough call. The screen is awesome. But, tonight I am switching back to my Curve because I have to go somewhere tomorrow where I will be dependent on strong battery life and the storm still has a long ways to go in that dept. Im sure I will go back to the storm after the weekend, so Im not here to bash the storm. They are both great. I will say if typing is your only focus then stay with the Curve for now. But the storm has its pros too and like we have all heard a million times, its gonna get better with future updates.
    12-13-08 12:34 AM
    Hey,

I'm definitely NOT here to bash the Storm. I bought it as soon as it came out. I loved the phone for many reasons. But one very important thing for me is typing. Email and Text are what I do best and the Storm was horrible for me in that area. Some will love it and I have to say I did too but a key pad that I can actually touch buttons! is what I needed. So I replaced it for a curve and I'm very happy!
    12-13-08 01:43 AM
    Hey,

I'm definitely NOT here to bash the Storm. I bought it as soon as it came out. I loved the phone for many reasons. But one very important thing for me is typing. Email and Text are what I do best and the Storm was horrible for me in that area. Some will love it and I have to say I did too but a key pad that I can actually touch buttons! is what I needed. So I replaced it for a curve and I'm very happy!
    I agree, for the actual diehard blackberry user, you're going to want a QWERTY with buttons. I went to VZW to play with the Storm and I was pissed off after trying to type on it. I can't have a keyboard where you hit "S" and it types "A", "W", "D, or "Z" instead. Other than that, the phone is cool. If you buy it outright you can completly unlock it (meaning, full retail) according to a VZW sales rep, so that's a plus too, no one wants VZW's crappy locked down phones...

12-13-08 08:03 AM
    Just have to throw in my .02. I currently have a storm. Its my 3rd blackberry. I upgraded from a Pearl. I am a stay at home mom and a gadget junkie. While I do love the storm and realize its potential, the typing on the storm is horrendous, frustrating and time consuming and IMHO this is a dealbreaker. I am very close to returning it for a curve and getting an Itouch. If you do any emailing or texting at all you want to stay with QWERTY. Its a tough decision but I am hoping future generations of the storm will be improved and I would try again!
    12-13-08 08:11 AM
    It really depends on you. I went from a Curve to a Storm. Typing was frustrating at first, but I've gotten pretty good now.

12-13-08 08:51 AM
    Battery life is great, I charge once a day.
    And your happy with that?

I run a business using my curve for emails and yahoo messanger 18 hours a day lol and I charge once every 3 days! AND its 13 months old lol
    12-13-08 09:11 AM
    All bb's are great for DIFFERENT reasons and purposes. I love my curve and would not, persnally, like the touch screen. I am content, but it IS a pretty cool piece of technology, esp since RIM made it!!

12-13-08 09:35 AM
    I dumped my 8830 for the Storm. I tried to like the thing. I gave it a week and returned it for the Curve 8330. I think the Curve is a better device than the others. Keep your Curve!
    12-13-08 09:52 AM
    I want the new 8900 Curve alot more than the Storm...
    12-13-08 10:08 AM
    I really do want the Storm, but here in the UK its not available simfree!
    12-13-08 10:18 AM
    I had the Storm but returned it the other day for a Curve. It really depends if you want a virtual keyboard or not. I prefer physical keys, so I went to the Curve.

The Storm is a great phone though, I really liked it otherwise.

12-13-08 05:13 PM
    I had the Storm and went back to the Curve. Its really your own personal decision- if that thing spell checked me one more time- or mistyped I thought I was going to lose my mind. Plus- I love my trackball.
    12-13-08 07:47 PM
    Curve 8330=Stable. Bright shiny object that's a version 1.0 of a product=not so much.

Good luck. :-)
    12-13-08 08:45 PM
    Well,isn't that a shame,I think the most of you guys must not know how to type with two thumbs because I type pretty damn good on this storm but I understand,just don't come running back when the os updates makes this device really rock

12-13-08 10:16 PM
    No we type with our big toes- sheesh. No ones gonna come running- so get over you two big thumbs. That's why I own both. Ill just activate my Storm when the next update comes out.

12-13-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD