okay seriously HOW did I live without my BB curve before? SERIOUSLY? I mean I would have to do lists on paper and now I have them in my BB sync'd with my calendar. I love it! I am an organizer by nature so to have everything all in one I am just overjoyed!

So since I've had it a few weeks and just can't see myself without it I am wanting to protect it.

I've done a search on cases etc and really think I like the seido cases....

However I am torn. I have a crimson curve and bought it specifically because it was red. I LOVE red. I want people to see I have a red phone. So here is my dilemna.....do I get a case that covers the color or do I go with one that exposes the color?

More specifically do I get this: </title> <meta name="robots" content="index,follow"> <meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="INDEX, FOLLOW"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/a/j/javascripts.js"></script> <link href="/v/vspfiles/templates/seidio/css/Imports.css" rel="stylesheet" type="t

or do I get this: </title> <meta name="robots" content="index,follow"> <meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="INDEX, FOLLOW"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/a/j/javascripts.js"></script> <link href="/v/vspfiles/templates/seidio/css/Imports.css" rel="stylesheet" type="t

I worry that the clear part on the front of the hybrid case will look dull after awhile? Does that happen? These cases get excellent reviews so I think I'm happy with this. I checked out those skins that you apply like the best skin ever etc and I KNOW I won't have the patience to properly apply one. So for me I think one of those seido cases is a good option.

any other advice or tip is appreciated.

mahalo!
    07-18-08 05:12 PM
    I'm no help on the case issue, because Im in the middle of looking for one for my Curve, too.

BUT - I must agree with you. I have NO idea how I EVER lived without my Curve. I thought my Sidekick was AMAZING, but my Curve is 100x better!
    07-18-08 05:37 PM
    I have to say, I am jealous that Alltel does not have the red. I love red too.

I ended up with the Seidio case in blue - the rubberized one. I was not crazy about the red when I saw it in person. It was darker than I would have liked.

I love my case however. It has protected my curve on both of its two falls. I also like how it has a spot to attach a ribbon. You know it has to be pretty.

I have had clear cases before and they not only scratched and looked ugly but also cracked easily. Also, dust gets underneath. I love the rubberized one. I just wish it came in better colors.

I also, for added protection, got a skin from bestskinsever.com. It was really cheap and protects the screen really well. I was not able to put on the whole body skin because the case did not fit well over it.

Hope this helps...
    07-18-08 05:53 PM
    [QUOTE=missjess;510379]I'm no help on the case issue, because Im in the middle of looking for one for my Curve, too.

i'm also looking for a case for my 8310. I'm currently the OEM Pouch, but i don't like it. i need more protection.
    07-18-08 06:36 PM
    Welcome to CB! Hope you all enjoy your new addiction!
    07-18-08 07:22 PM
    Congrats on your curve. Love mine too.
    Welcome to CB. I have a gel/rubber skin for extra protection. As for cases I have not found one I really like but the skin gives a nice bit of extra protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 07:41 PM
    I cant help much-I have the pink silicone skin on my phone-its just silver ... so i dont mind covering it up.
    And I agree....i dont know how I ever lived without my curve
    07-18-08 10:24 PM
    i wish i had the red curve...lucky you! anyways, since my blackberry lacks the color option, i decided to get a case for it. not only does it protect the phone, but it adds a bit of color. i also went with the seido soft touch hard case in the blue. i saw the red and black in person, but it wasn't really what i was looking for. my brother got the black and likes it a lot. the blue has a nice deep metallic color, something like a deep blue sapphire. i also got the invisible shield just for added protection. is it really necessary? not really, but if you're a bit OCD about things, then yes it really does matter! so far, i'm liking the case and it's going well. although, i am worried that if the time comes and i do accidently drop the phone, will the case just snap apart and the phone will be exposed to damage? well, we'll see...

if it's possible, take a look at the case in person. i know that some verizon stores sells them. i thought of purchasing the red one, but like another poster said, i didn't really like it. i was hoping for more of a red color. although, you might like the red case. check them out!
    07-18-08 11:30 PM
    okay seriously HOW did I live without my BB curve before? SERIOUSLY?
    I fell the same way!! I love my berry baby!! Welcome to CB!
    07-18-08 11:50 PM
    I have a red bb curve I have BESTSKINEVER installed and I go nekkid ie no case. I like the seidio clear case if I was going with case...
    07-19-08 02:06 AM
    Okay I browsed a few places today and didn't see much.....sometimes living on an island you run out of alternatives. I didn't drive all over....just popped into a few places I was nearby.

If I went seido clear as I like the look of my crimson curve would you all suggest the hybrid or the something like the crystal.

I've read some of these cases can be really hard to get off and on! But I am sure with patience they will be easier.

I did find a blog where someone had pictures of her burgundy seido rubberized case and I liked the look. I like the darker red. Oh heck maybe I'll buy a few.....one this month, one next month.....haha

I looked at skins at the AT&T store and all of the people working there had their blackberries with cases.....they kept steering me towards black cases (as that was what was in stock) and I really didn't WANT a black one. I worry the skins would be tacky......like sticky tacky. Does that make sense?

Oh lord here I go again agonizing over another BB related purchase.......

haha at least i HAVE the blackberry this time......
    07-20-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD