My son has my old 8330. It was pretty beat up so we got a new shell from ebay - new front, back, sides, keyboard - pretty much everything. I got it changed and was pretty proud of myself. It booted up and all seemed good - except ear speaker not working. I took it back apart and put it back into the old chassis and have the same problem. I would REALLY appreciate your suggestions as I really dont want to buy a phone - especially after just sinking more into a shell I can't use. Thanks in advance!
    12-30-10 07:35 PM
    BY the way - what is the thing almost directly below the 'MUTE' button, right above the camera lens. The new shell did not come with one so I took it out of the old phone and put it in the new one. My luck - is that the speaker? It doesn't look like a speaker and has a little sort of LED looking thing on the back of the phone. Help please?
    12-30-10 07:39 PM
    led is flashlight. camera flash. yo may need new speaker, or speaker is not making a good connection. find the speaker and remake the connections, or clean connectors with toothpic or alcohol. these phones are very much worth fixing..
    i would get a damaged one on ebay for parts..
    speaker should be available on ebay as well..
    i have 1 phone that needs both speakers, will have to part out a broken one
    goto options>status and type test. its a good way to tell what shape things are in,, i found out my main phone speaker could probably be better.. the other phone is semi-shot
    01-05-11 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD