I recently purchaced the 8300 and was having some trouble trying to figure out how to hide the unwanted icons... the 13 year old said here, let me try. I received the phone back with several new music icons but the text message icon seems to be completely gone! I get the ringer that says I have new messages, but I can't access them. Any suggestions?
    10-24-07 11:44 PM
    To start make sure its not hidden. Hit the Option key then "Show All" and you will see all your hidden icons.
    10-25-07 01:00 AM
    I did do that. I can find the icon for saved messages but not text messages. Is it possible that it got deleted? Is that even possible? And if so, how do I get it back?
    10-25-07 06:13 AM
    I notice that when i changed Themes in Options from T-Mobile Zen (Active) to BB Dimension Zen, I also lost the Text Message Icon but text messages could still be found in the normal Messages icon next to the Email Icon.
    10-25-07 09:13 AM
    I did do that. I can find the icon for saved messages but not text messages. Is it possible that it got deleted? Is that even possible? And if so, how do I get it back?
    To my knowledge you can't really delete the icon all together. I would check like Garzo said and see if its doubled up w/ the regular messages. Otherwise not really sure what could have happened to it. If you haven't changed your theme maybe you could try a different one and see if it shows up.
    10-25-07 09:16 AM
    Under messages, go to Options, General options and see if the "SMS and Email Inboxes" option is set to combined or separate. If it is set to Combined then your text message icon will disappear, if it's set to separate then it will reappear.

Hope this helps.
    10-25-07 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD