I am missing about 4 MB of device memory on my 8320. I followed the steps in Stoner's guide on the forums and cleared off the sample video, the sample backgrounds, the extra themes, and everything else I didn't need. After completing the reset, I checked and had around 22 MB free. Now, about a week later, I am down to 18 MB free and I have no idea where the other 4 MB went.

I have done a battery reset. I have backed up and cleared all my text messages and emails. I have checked to make sure the browser cache was clear and I reset all the data in Google Maps just in case it was taking up space. Since following Stoner's guide, I haven't installed any new programs.

Any suggestions on what I could be missing or where the extra 4 MB could have went to.

Thanks in advance!

Elader
    08-29-08 02:29 PM
    It is normal for your Curve to use memory during operation. Over the course of the day, this will increase to about 8 Mb.

As long as you are not invading the Device Reserved Limit, 15 or 12 Mb, you will not have any problems.
    08-29-08 03:23 PM
    If I am understanding right there is less free memory after a 2nd reboot days after a fresh reboot after optomising memory. There are a number of things that may be taking that space. Browser cache, browser pushed content, cookies, call / SMS / emails logs, alt+LGLG log, options > status > menu > database sizes (all of these are more or less unseen memory usage). You can clean up some of these things as well in a pinch. But if your free memory stays above 12MB you won't start losing call logs, SMS and email from the BB auto freeing memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 05:28 AM
    If I am understanding right there is less free memory after a 2nd reboot days after a fresh reboot after optomising memory. There are a number of things that may be taking that space. Browser cache, browser pushed content, cookies, call / SMS / emails logs, alt+LGLG log, options > status > menu > database sizes (all of these are more or less unseen memory usage). You can clean up some of these things as well in a pinch. But if your free memory stays above 12MB you won't start losing call logs, SMS and email from the BB auto freeing memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You have it right. The limit of 12Mb is one that seems to be a reasonable safe limit. No one knows down to the byte what the limit is. It depends on what you currently have running too.

Some apps create large arrays in memory when the run (IM does this) so that htey have space to dump text and data into. emails need space too. The browser needs space to write pages into as well.

Installing an app and running it are two totally different things as you will appreciate.
    08-30-08 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD