So I've had my blackberry for 2 weeks now. It's wonderful, even though I almost wish I had just waited for a storm...but I'm happy enough with my 8330.

*This can be skipped if you don't want to read too much*

I've had a soft rubber skin on my BB that I bought at the same time as my BB because they made me feel like I really needed to protect it with something. I thought the black case looked pretty cool on my silver 8330, so I kept it on. It does, however, make the phone appear fat, so I take it off sometimes to appreciate the phone in its natural form (and I realize that the case really doesn't protect anything at all except maybe drops...and I've never dropped a cell phone). Also the phone without the skin looks nicer to be honest...

*and begin reading again here*

The point of the story is that whenever I don't have the skin on, it's really noticeable that the right hand side of the battery door (if I'm holding it so that I'm looking at the screen) can be pushed in a few millimeters, and it creaks a small amount. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it's annoying and a bit bothersome. I'm never the kind of person to be OCD about little things, but I'd just really rather have it not do that. I think I'd be a lot happier with the phone out of its rubber skin if it felt sturdier.

Anyone know how this can be fixed?
    Last edited by Shadnic; 11-10-08 at 09:36 AM.
    11-10-08 01:37 AM
    Mine does the same thing on the same side. It really bothered me for a while but I guess I've just gotten used to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 03:46 AM
    When I got my 8330, I made sure everything was working/fitting properly. If it were me, I would take it back and ask for a replacement. The back cover should fit properly. These phones are what $500+ without a plan? For that kind of money, your phone should be just about perfect
    11-10-08 05:50 AM
    Well I'm glad I'm not imagining it at least. I don't know about taking the whole phone back,I'd feel too bad about wasting a phone over that.

Do you think a replacement door would fix it? Its not an emergency, I could most likely live with it, still, it would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 08:18 AM
    Agreed - I think I'd take it back. They possibly have the part in stock, so they wouldn't need to replace the phone, but could just replace the back piece. Good luck!
    11-10-08 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD