I searched the forums and found several threads on this topic but nothing really answered my question.

I have a Sprint 8330m and the battery cover is really loose. I know that you are supposed to push the silver release button to remove the cover but I don't have to. I can slide mine off with just a little pressure on the cover. I cannot do this on my wifes phone, she has the same model, different color. Obviously the clasp isnt holding the cover in place tight enough. Is this a warranty issue that I should take this into a Sprint store or will they turn me away and say that this is normal wear and tear? I bought my phone brand new and have only had it about 3 months.
    10-23-09 09:09 AM
    If you have insurance this would be a free fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 09:30 AM
    You can buy a new battery cover. Its most likely that the little latch that keeps the cover from coming off might be worn down. Not really a issue to be worried about. Their really cheap as well.

10-23-09 09:43 AM
    I hope I dont sound un-appreciative of everybody's answers but I was hoping this would be a warranty issue that would be resolved at no cost to me by taking my phone into a Sprint store. I mean come on, this is a phone that Sprint "retails" for $569.99. I would certainly hope that the build quality of a nearly $600 phone would be good enough that the battery cover would be able to withstand being opened once in a while over the course of 3 months.
    10-23-09 09:51 AM
    I'm not sure how it works for sprint but with rogers if the phone works they would not replace it. Give sprint a call. Doesn't hurt to try.

10-23-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD