The software update on my phone caused an issue Sprint cannot solve thru tech support or in the store. I am hoping to find it here. Before the update I was able to view my MMS messages on my phone without having to click on the link, now all I have is the link. Can someone please provide me with the crack code so I can have my MMS messages back without having to use the link. Please include code and instructions.
    06-23-09 02:34 PM
    Aren't we all!! In short, if you don't have an 8330m, you will have link.
    06-23-09 02:46 PM
    wait.. i did the os update and got mms... but everytime i get a picture message... i have to click on a link. are you saying that i shouldn't have to? how do i fix this?
    06-23-09 03:10 PM
    Try this: goto options, mms, multimedia reception-always, automatic retrieval-always. Save it and try it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 03:21 PM
    This is what my phone is set to, darn.
    06-23-09 03:40 PM
    This is what my phone is set to, darn.
    Shoot! It may be something on Sprint's side of things. Sorry brah
    06-23-09 03:49 PM
    It probably won't work, but try resending your service books:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint
    06-23-09 03:53 PM
    yup so is mine
    06-23-09 03:59 PM
    Apparently, it's because your phone is an 8330, not an 8330m. Gahd I hate Sprint sometimes.
    06-25-09 03:05 AM
    There is a differnt in the devices i work at a sprint store.

Blackberry Non-Refresh vs. Refresh Devices + Picture Mail:

With the release of Blackberry OS 4.5 a difference in the Refresh versus Non-Refresh Blackberries has been noticed and is being viewed by some as a defect in the handset. This is not the case and we should not be exchanging customer handsets for just this reason.

Non-Refresh devices receive a text message with an internet link to view the received Picture Mail.

Refresh devices receive the Picture Mail directly to the device.

Please be aware and explain to customers that this is not a failure on the device, but Sprint and Blackberry providing Picture Mail to them with the capabilities of the Software and Device in mind
    06-25-09 01:09 PM
    To go a little bit deeper on this, the main difference is that the 8330m shipped with BB OS v4.5. The original 8330 (and the 8130 that I carry) originally shipped with v4.3 which did not contain support on Sprint's network for MMS. Some people have updated their device to have the v4.5 which allowed them to send MMS messages. The problem is that when Sprint's servers receive an incoming MMS message, it does a lookup to see what device you have to determine if it should send you a PictureMail link or deliver it as an MMS message. When it sees the model is 8330m, it knows that you're capable of receiving the MMS. If it sees that the model is the original 8330, it doesn't know if you can receive MMS messages or not so it goes to the lowest common denominator (the annoying link).
    06-25-09 01:23 PM
    I have the 8330m I belive (I have an meid number) and I don't receive the pic I get the link. Any ideas?

Nm I figured it out... I'm a little special sometimes haha.
    Last edited by timbo1982; 06-25-09 at 02:14 PM.
    06-25-09 02:08 PM
    hello all. i'm having the same problem. i just talked to sprint customer support and they told me my exact model was the 8330r. whats the difference with the models? i was able to recieve pictures like a regular phone and then i got a refurbished one(my original device became defective) and once the refurbished one came, i can't recieve pictures anymore. why was i able to before and now i can't?
    06-25-09 08:09 PM
    Clovis, the r in 8330r just tells Sprint you have a refurb.

06-25-09 08:16 PM
    I have spent a total of about 2 hours on the phone with sprint and this is what i was told, This is the way it is with the 4.5, The advanced tech support guy told me eventually they will all be like this, The sucky part is when you want to forward a pic maul, You have to type in the persons number that you are forwarding the pic to?????Still confuses me, I too had one that would just open the mail then Sprint sent me a refurb and now i get the link...Nothing can be done.
    06-25-09 11:15 PM
    The refurbs are the original 8330's.

The difference is because those that purchased original 8330's with 4.3 may not have updated their OS which did not support MMS. This prevents them from flipping the switch so to speak to allow MMS on all original 8330's and 8130's.
    06-25-09 11:29 PM
    But what about us 8330 users who have updated their OS? Wouldn't we be able to take advantage of the new MMS?

06-26-09 09:19 AM
    To go a little bit deeper on this, the main difference is that the 8330m shipped with BB OS v4.5. The original 8330 (and the 8130 that I carry) originally shipped with v4.3 which did not contain support on Sprint's network for MMS. Some people have updated their device to have the v4.5 which allowed them to send MMS messages. The problem is that when Sprint's servers receive an incoming MMS message, it does a lookup to see what device you have to determine if it should send you a PictureMail link or deliver it as an MMS message. When it sees the model is 8330m, it knows that you're capable of receiving the MMS. If it sees that the model is the original 8330, it doesn't know if you can receive MMS messages or not so it goes to the lowest common denominator (the annoying link).
    Well I'm with sprint and I have the 8330 and I upgrade to .160 from telus and I don't have any problems or any links showing up! Gotta get your os on point!!! And my curve is running smooth as silk!excuse me while I sip my tea.....
    06-26-09 04:29 PM
    Well I'm with sprint and I have the 8330 and I upgrade to .160 from telus and I don't have any problems or any links showing up! Gotta get your os on point!!! And my curve is running smooth as silk!excuse me while I sip my tea.....
    where do you find this .160? whats telus? sorry, i'm new to the blackberry/crackberry world.
    06-27-09 01:38 AM
    where do you find this .160? whats telus? sorry, i'm new to the blackberry/crackberry world.
    The new OS is stickied at the top of this forum. Telus is a Canadian cell phone provider. This operating system can be used with your Sprint phone, if you install it a certain way.
    06-27-09 11:53 AM
    The new OS is stickied at the top of this forum. Telus is a Canadian cell phone provider. This operating system can be used with your Sprint phone, if you install it a certain way.
    i'm still a bit slow with all this stuff. if i download the telus OS, will my sprint phone still be the same? no extra charges or higher bill or anything? i also didn't see the "stickied" link.
    06-27-09 04:25 PM
    Im also with sprint now running the 160 hybrid and my MMS still come in texts as links.
    06-27-09 04:29 PM
    Im also with sprint now running the 160 hybrid and my MMS still come in texts as links.
    Ditto. Well, I'm running the straight up Telus .160.

To add to this. For those who say they have upgraded to 4.5 on their 8330 and still get the link (like me ) - I would assume it is like this because even though WE upgraded our phone's OS, Sprint doesn't necessarily know that. And for simplicity's sake, anyone with a 8330 is treated in the system as having 4.3.

To try and find out who does or doesn't have what OS is just not efficient or feasible.

06-27-09 08:29 PM
    i'm still a bit slow with all this stuff. if i download the telus OS, will my sprint phone still be the same? no extra charges or higher bill or anything? i also didn't see the "stickied" link.
    Heres a link to the thread, which has the link to the OS, and directions on how to install it, and which file to delete.

You applications will remain intact as long as you backup the phone before you install the new operating system. There wont be any changes to your Sprint service, just in how the phone operates.
    06-27-09 10:43 PM
    So can we call sprint to get an change put in to receive the mms like "dumb" phones

06-28-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD