Anybody ever use logmein.com on there blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 01:31 AM
    i love using it in the computer but never attempted it in the BB lol did u figure out a way?
    07-25-08 01:34 AM
    Not yet. You have to set your browser to mobile IE. But when you are try to access your computer desktop it ask you to download software. I have not got it to download yet. Says I need to have a arm processor or windows mobile 2003. If I can get it to work I will post it.

07-25-08 01:44 AM
    yeah just try it its designed for windows mobile there must be a way around it
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-07-09 at 05:57 PM. Reason: profanity
    07-25-08 01:48 AM
    I know some guys got it working on the iphone. Pretty sure that doesn't run windows mobile

07-25-08 02:36 AM
    i dont want to seem like I'm thread crashing but orb.com works great on the bb. You can stream files, audio, video and view pictures. However you cant remote in to your computer. This only work well with the new 4.5.0.52 OS. I even have my webcam setup and I can stream it live on my bb.
    07-25-08 05:06 AM
    Iphone uses a real browser as opposed to a mobile versiion of the net correct? That coulb one difference I think.

I will be checking out orb.com thanks for the tip

07-25-08 06:44 AM
    I have a friend who uses it with his BB so I know it's possible. I downloaded the software to my home and office computer but that's as far as I got.

07-25-08 11:37 AM
    I'd be interested if this works on the Curve.
    07-25-08 12:10 PM
    From the above post then I'm guessing logmein.com is supposed to be like orb.com? Never heard of it before.
    07-25-08 01:13 PM
    From the above post then I'm guessing logmein.com is supposed to be like orb.com? Never heard of it before.
    Orb just streams you music,photos, and tv and I think also gives you file access but it is not remote desktop like logmein.

I would be really interested i knowing how your friend got this to work.
    07-25-08 01:15 PM
    I would be glad to know too how your friend got it to work on his BB too. I am missing some sort of ARM processor is my understanding. Maybe it something simple that I am missing.

Logmein is freeware that you can download to your pc and then control remotely via ther internet. Try it out, I use it on all my computers in my house so I only have to use one monitor and keyboard.

I would like to access my computers if I am away from home and only have my BB with me. Does this need to run my desktop via BB make me an crackberry addict yet?

07-25-08 03:22 PM
    I believe there are a few VNC applications out for the Blackberry that allow for Remote Desktop..

VNC+: Virtual Network Computing for Mobiles :: Products

Sucks, it's $30, but supposedly it works really well. There is a 7 day trial.
    Last edited by zsig; 07-25-08 at 03:28 PM.
    07-25-08 03:26 PM
    cool, i will check it out.

I need to update my profile. I have finally received my Curve!
    07-25-08 03:37 PM
    I found out the ARM Processor is available on the iPhone. That would probably be why logmein.com works on the iPhone.

I would like to hear how someone was able to download the needed files from logmein on a Curve.

Because I already use and know logmein ( and it is free ) I think this would be beneficial to me and other BB users. Especially cause I am at Jury Duty all day

07-28-08 10:25 AM
    Let me know if u get it to work and how

07-28-08 10:30 AM
    I am also very interested in being able to use logmein on my berry. I will look around and see if I can find something on it too.

07-28-08 11:15 AM
    seriously... this would be VERY useful for me.
    07-28-08 02:47 PM
    I use logmein as well--that would be awesome if I could get it on my blackberry--just for those time where my clients needs me to do something asap---and I'm not near my computer....

subscribing to this thread for future...
    07-28-08 02:57 PM
    I used LogMeIn Free from my old Windows Mobile 6 device without any problems. I couldn't get it to run on my Curve -- I got as far as seeing my desktop PC's screen but couldn't zoom in and manipulate things.

This is what the company says:

"Currently, LogMeIn Free, Pro, and IT Reach will function on devices that operate with all of the following:

* Microsoft Windows Mobile PocketPC/Professional Edition
    * Touch screen
    * Directional pad or touchpad
    * ARM version 4 compatible CPU

See the attached PDF document for the models we have tested for compatibility with LogMeIn Free, Pro, and IT Reach.

We are working to integrate LogMeIn with more mobile devices. Stay tuned!"

On the other hand, I've used Shapeservices Software for other devices. They have 3 products that are designed for the Blackberry. I've started using their TSMobile today and Windows Remote Desktop Protocol and it works really well. The BB trackball simulates a mouse well.

I've used their RDP+ on the iPhone - it works but is very slow and clunky.
    07-28-08 10:32 PM
    Did any1 every figure it out?

08-18-08 10:25 AM
    Did any1 every figure it out?

Their site says that there is no support for BB at this time.
    08-18-08 11:35 AM
    logmein will only work with units that have touch screens at this time. They are working on a new logmein versions that may work on blackberry
    08-21-08 09:38 PM
    ive been trying to get this to work since i got my berry..come on logmein!
    08-22-08 12:35 AM
    LogMeIn are good peeps. I have confidence that they will get a BB-compatible product added to their arsenal soon.

And yes...the flexibility to get to your home PC from your phone will be spectacular!
    09-04-08 09:38 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD