I was running on OS 4.3 and I would use 'alt + enter' to lock my phone. It was working fine and dandy. Made it really useful, too, considering that I didn't need to hit the icon to lock it.

But I updated to OS 4.5 and I tried the same technique. The language changer came up. I thought it was just a little bug, so I tried again. Same thing. I cleared all languages except for English and then tried again. It opened the icon that I was presently over. There was no shortcut to lock the phone from my keyboard.

So.. What is the shortcut for OS4.5 (which, I assume, is the source of the problem)? I have set the convenience keys to lock the phone, but I am just so used to hitting alt and enter.
    07-04-09 08:50 AM
    You can press K.
    07-04-09 08:51 AM
    You can press K.
    Err. That only searches 'K' on my call list.
    07-04-09 08:54 AM
    Ok maybe it's because I have dial from home screen disabled.

Pressing K locks my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:58 AM
    I just disabled it. And there it goes!

But I am not too sure how much longer I can actually deal with that. When I send text messages, I just type in the name and hit 'Send SMS.'

Is there any other known shortcuts?

(Thank you for everything, though!)
    07-04-09 09:01 AM
    Yes, from home screen, open ur app screen then use alt+enter to lock from that screen
    pin:31c877c7

07-04-09 09:30 AM
    This may be a little off topic but you mentioned texting I thought this might be something you'd be interested in.

Have you heard of QuickText?

It's speed dial for texting and you leave dial from homescreen disabled. It's not free but there is a 14 day trial you should check it out.

Cannon Software MobileStore

OTA download trial:
    http://www.mobireach.com/upload/186/25186/QuickText.jad

07-04-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD